Bilingual site

Today is Galleries day. The Album-set is presently published on https://nathaliemoliavko-visotzky.com/fr/galleries/ and https://nathaliemoliavko-visotzky.com/en/galleries/ is listed in Backlight as OKAPI.
So, section (Fr and En) has its separate OKAPI Album-sets but the Album used (NAT-video) is PANGOLIN THEATER.
On the test site, the one I am building https://nathaliemoliavko-visotzky.com/test there already are Album-set and Album templates.

1. I there a “quick and dirty” way to transform this OKAPI Album-set or am I obliged to redesign the Album-set as PANGOLIN?
  2. Is linking the PANGOLIN THEATER albums to the rest of the PANGOLIN site being built just a question of altering its URL?

All the Album-set and Albums have been published thru Lightroom 6. Do you suggest I re-publish everything directly in Backlight?

You will need to create a new Pangolin album set template. Assign the page template that governs your new home, bio, and contact pages, I’d suggest using the same presentation type you have with Okapi and then tweak things like padding and margins.

If you want to manage just the one bilingual site, you’re going to have to republish the albums and move all the video files.
In the long run, that would be the easiest and least confusing way to go.

Whether you use Lightroom or Backlight to publish the albums is really up to how you like to work.

In the Menu Sets, I use the Name :
<div data-lang="fr">galerie</div><div data-lang="en">gallery</div>
and the Link To in the drop down menu is Galleries.
But, I named the Album set PRODUCTIONS in Backlight. Does it make a difference? The link works but I can’t get it to show the correct Album thumbnail. Only one Album was uploaded.

In the screen shots above, you named the album set template “Productions”. The top-level set folder name is /galleries and the title of the page is Galleries. That can be changed if you want.

I see one album on that page and it has a thumbnail. Did you want another thumbnail showing?

Although there is already a Pangolin Album Set and a series of Albums on the Okapi based site, I decided to build a new PANGOLIN template for the videos, called VIDEO CLIPS, an Album set called PRODUCTIONS and Albums called VIDEO-CLIPS NAT (Pangolin theatre module). Going slow but making headway.
I would like some info shown over the video.
So, I wrote some code in the Page Content section of the “Premier amour” album, like so:
<div data-lang="en" style="text-align: center;"><p>Feature length film by Guillaume Sylvestre</p> <div data-lang="fr" style="text-align: center;"><p>Long métrage de Guillaume Sylvestre</p>
Except nothing shows up. What am I missing?

you forgot to close the divs again.

You also need to clean up the html in this line (and check the spelling of length).
p tag is incorrectly opened and closed.

<div data-lang="en" style="text-align: center;"><p<Feature lenght film by Guillaume Sylvestre>/p>

I closed the divs and corrected the offending line. The French text appears when it’s the top line in the Page Content box. But if I put the English line over the French line, only the English text shows.

<div data-lang="en" style="text-align: center;"><p>Feature length film by Guillaume Sylvestre</p></d>
<div data-lang="fr" style="text-align: center;"><p>Long métrage de Guillaume Sylvestre</p></d>

Curiously, this page ( https://nathaliemoliavko-visotzky.com/galleries/36_apapacho/ ) displays the correct text in both languaged…There’s no video uploaded yet, sorry.

You didn’t properly close the divs
Your code:

<div data-lang="en" style="text-align: center;"><p>Feature length film by Guillaume Sylvestre</p></d>
<div data-lang="fr" style="text-align: center;"><p>Long métrage de Guillaume Sylvestre</p></d>

note the </d> tags at the end. They should be closing </div> tags

Should pay more attention to ALL details! Sorry for wasting your time, Rod.

One last hing for today: that “_vignettes” thumbnail is always visible. Although all settings, save one, are the same between the Pangolin and the Okapi “_vignettes” templates and albums, the _vignettes thumbnail is still there on the Pangolin page.
By the way, the only setting that is different is the Album Template type. The Pangolin has a “_vignettes” of the Pangolin theater type whereas the Okapi “_vignettes” is of the Okapi Album type.
Could this make a difference? If you are wondering, the Hide from Album Set is ON on both templates.

That pesky “_vignettes” thumbnail is still there!

You still have the typo in the title of the video as Rod pointed out. Length is spelled incorrectly ‘Feature lenght film by Marquise Lepage’

Corrected - Thank you

Back to that pesky “_vignettes” thumbnail appearing on the galleries page.
The way I do this is by creating an album called “_vignettes” and populating it with all the other album thumbnails. I did this successfully before but this time the thumbnail, which should be hidden from the Album set is visible!

Are you logged in to Backlight in the same browser while viewing the page?
If you are, what you’re seeing is normal behavior. Try looking from a different browser and I’m guessing you won’t see it

Tried on Brave, Vivaldi, Safari, Edge and Firefox and the _vignettes thumbnail is invisible, as it should.
However, I have Backlight on Chrome and Firefox Developer Edition and the thumbnail does appear on those browsers. Also, if I only have Backlight on Chrome, the thumbnail will still be apparent on Firefox DE.

It’s not appearing in any of the six browsers I’ve tried. If you’re seeing it that means your still logged in on that browser or you were and the browser cache needs to be cleared.

1 Like

Such a great group growing dreams together. Makes the world a better place. Thank you.

Of course, you were right: when in Backlight and only then does that thumbnail appears.