Error after initial Installation

Hi Folks,

getting the following error, from home and work, different browsers, different OS’s. Basic fresh Install on new provider. No errors during install as far as I saw. Also getting errors during Publishing, but one thing at a time eh?..

Any help appreciated.

Jon

Also get this on saving changes:

Hi Jon,
That looks like the same error to me. If I were you I’d tag Ben but it is currently half-past midnight for him. Looks like something did not finish properly in the post-install routine by the nature of the error text.
Did you go with a UK host?
TomO

Hi Tom,

Yep, in the end I went with SiteGround. They have been super helpful and responsive. I didn’t know what to do with myself after dealing with those muppets at Bluehost. A very painful experience and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

I do get that same error when publishing from Lightroom as well! Other than tagging Ben, what would you suggest? Re-Run the Installer?

Jon

you could try re-running the installer.
What version of php is your host using?

You could save some time by sending @Ben Backlight admin credentials. He may also need FTP access. You can click on his name and then the Message button to get the credentials to him.

Glad you found a host that is better for you already. As Rod suggests, re-running the installer would be my first port of call.
TomO

Hi Rod,

thanks for chipping in, guess I’m back causing mayhem again :o)

I have re-run the installer, I’m getting the same errors whilst trying to upload as well. I’ve re-created albums and sets from scratch etc. to no avail.

I’ll send credentials to @Ben and see what he says.

Jon

Hi Jon, I’ll look to apply the same workaround as described in this comment: Permission denied (13) issue - #6 by Ben

Can you also message me your site URL? I’ll log into your Backlight admin to find your host’s server name for the exclusion list.

Thanks Ben site is https://jonevans.photography

Hi @Jon, I’ve added your host to the list of exclusions for using /backlight/data/sessions and updated module-framework on your site with this. The error is no longer appearing on your site.

Brilliant, thank you very much Ben, much appreciated.

1 Like