No Modules found - something went wrong on my NAS

? No solution?

Your server is faulty. We are working hard on providing a solution to work around your faulty server.

@Rainer_Goergen, @Daniel has spent considerable time to get to the bottom of this.
Your NAS is running an older version of OpenSSL, which as of 30 September has outdated root certificates for LetsEncrypt, the type of SSL certificate that we use. Your NAS now incorrectly thinks that our SSL certificate has expired. It has not. This issue rests solely with the software installed on your NAS.

To work around this, make the following change to two files:

src/backlight/installer/lib/Poster.php
src/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/Poster.php

Add a line for CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to the functions post_curl so that the top 11 lines of each looks like this:

protected function post_curl($url, $data)
	{
		$curl = curl_init($url);

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, json_encode($data));
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json'));
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 45);
		curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

This disables certificate checking and should allow your NAS to connect to https://get.theturninggate.net

I’ll be looking at adding a configuration option to disable this checking. Note that after upgrading modules, the file src/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/Poster.php will lose your modification and need to be edited again.

Please let us know whether this fix works for you.

Thank you for your help. I will try it and let you know later. At time my internet connection is down.

Rainer

It says

Add a line for CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to the functions post_curl so that the top 11 lines of each looks like this:

It looks like you replace the content of the file with the snipped Ben provided instead of just adding the line

Also nur diese einzige Zeile eintragen?
Blicke nicht mehr durch. Bin kein Programmierer und was curl ist weiss ich auch nicht, sorry.

Rainer

In beiden Dateien muss eine einzige Zeile muss hinzugefßgt werden. Suche die Funktion post_curl und ergänze die neue Zeile. Die ersten Zeilen dieser Funktion sollten anschliessend so aussehen:

protected function post_curl($url, $data)
{
	$curl = curl_init($url);

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
	curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
	curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
	curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, json_encode($data));
	curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json'));
	curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 45);
1 Like

@Ben @Daniel Thank you Ben and Daniel.
Now it is working.

Sometimes I have a board in front of my head while reading. (Apple translation).

Rainer

1 Like