Slow loading speeds - Should I upgrade to BL3?

I had thought that InMotion was UK-based, but their website now shows them as being based in California. I wonder whether I’ve just been mistaken about their location all this time, or if they’ve just been acquired. That’s kind of the thing about hosting companies; they tend to get bought, and so it’s difficult to know where they are. Regardless where they’re based, you’ll just want to find one with servers located in the area you’re most interested in serving. These days, that’s most of the big names. So unless you have tax reasons for preferring a company be based in a specific region, I’m not sure it matters from the standpoint of their product.

I highly recommend Westhost – www.westhost.com – but they are in the US. I have been with them for many years, both before using BL and since moving to BL three years ago. I have a shared hosting account that uses cPanel to access all site settings.

Westhost has excellent 24/7 tech support. In addition to hosting, I use them for domain registration.

It’s been many years since I migrated from my previous web host to Westhost, but as I recall, it wasn’t difficult and I’m sure WH tech support will help you. This might help:

And yes… you should upgrade to BL3!

John

I use Cloud Tree here in the UK https://mycloudtree.co.uk/store/hosting. They have been very helpful and approachable for me but maybe with Brexit it does not meet your EU hosting requirement?
TomO

Thanks everyone! I’ll take a look at the suggestions you’ve all made! Very thankful!
Now just need to see how easy/complicated it will be to move everything to a new provider! Hopefully this will solve the issue with the slow loading times!

And again thanks to the Backlight team for the support!