2FA - Google authentication

I’d like to use two factor authentication for admin secure access to the admin pages. I do know where I can enable this within the admin pages but there’s no verification code or QR-code to scan to link this to Google Authenticator. Or am I missing something?
I’ve searched the Docs but couldn’t find any info about this other than it is an option one could use.

Maybe someone can help me out?
Would be appreciated.
Thanks!

When 2FA is enabled, the next time you log in you’ll be asked for your 2FA code. On that page is a link asking whether you need to set up 2FA. Clicking that link will step you through the process.

1 Like

Thanks Ben for the quick respons.
Have it setup just now.

Thanks again!

1 Like

That’s great. I don’t thing Google Authenticator is used very often in Backlight. It provides extra peace-of-mind.

Especially when you host the website on your own NAS. I do appreciate the extra security.

1 Like

I tried to setup the 2FA for my Backlight but couldn’t find or receive the verification code or QR-code to scan to link this to Google Authenticator?

Where do I find this for Backlight?

Do you have the Google Authenticator app on your phone?

Yes

When you first log in to Backlight after enabling 2FA, you’ll see a link set it up with google. Click on that. An email will be sent with a code so that you can add your site