A Gallery with Open Comments

I am the custodian of the family photo albums (couple of generations worth). I’ve been asked to share them with the rest of the family. I know that this is not what Backlight is designed to do, but I’d like to use it to upload albums that the various family members can access and add notes to, perhaps share some memories that the photos evoke. I thought of the client album approach, but the comments are not stored online and even if they were, everyone would need to use the same login in order to see each other’s comments. And some visitors I’m sure, would forget to sign their comments.

Is there something that I am missing here? Is there any way to do this within Backlight? I don’t really want to add yet another piece of software to my toolkit if I don’t have to.

TIA.

Jon

not with Backlight. You might want to look at WordPress.
With WordPress, and the Backlight WordPress theme creator add-on, you can use the Backlight short code to insert an album into a WordPress post. Then family members can comment in the post.

I think the solution using the client features would be to receive the comments, curate them, and then add them to the page content.

Thanks Rod. I have used WordPress on several sites. It doesn’t do what I am hoping to do (and maybe I’m asking the impossible anyway!), that is allow comments on individual photos within a gallery. Any comment on an album post in WordPress would not be easily connected by another user to an individual photo. But this might be best that I can hope for. I will keep it in mind.

Thanks for the suggestion, Matthew. That might work, but I just want to upload the albums and then sit back until someone runs into a problem. Haha, just lazy I guess. I’m starting to think that what I want to do can’t be done with available software. So, I will need to consider what the next best is. I like Backlight so much that I want to use it for everything! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks! We do like to hear that. :grin: