Adding ReCaptcha to older TTG site

I’m trying to add a ReCaptcha to my site. I’ve registered my domain, and added the follow code to my contact page:

<html>
  <head>
    <title>reCAPTCHA demo: Simple page</title>
    <script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js" async defer></script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <form action="?" method="POST">
      <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="your_site_key"></div>
      <br/>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit">
    </form>
  </body>
</html>

I added my site key to the above code.

The ReCaptcha form appears on my site, but you can still submit the form without checking the I’m Human box. What do I need to change to make it work?

https://www.lumiograph.com/contact.bak.php

Thanks,

Reid

(EDITED by moderator to show code)

Any page should only have one set of <html>, <head>, and <body> tags. Adding that code doubles up those tags. I’m not sure if you can have more than one ` tags either.

You might try searching on adding reCAPTCHA to an existing form, as that code is for a simple demo page (hence the html, head, and body tags)

There seems to be other problems on your site, like missing styling.
Frankly, if you’re using your site to promote a business, I’d recommend upgrading to Backlight, which integrates reCAPTCHA among a ton of other things.

Thanks. Yes, it may be time to upgrade. I just remember how much of challenge creating and fine tuning the TTG pages were initially.

It’s much easier than in the CE days and designing in Lightroom.
What version are you using now?

Hi Reid, reCAPTCHA also requires changes to the PHP that verifies that the reCAPTCHA has been correctly completed. I noticed that your admin page is coming up with a PHP error. It looks like your host has upgraded PHP and your old TTG code is no longer compatible with it. You could try changing the version of PHP to an older version, if your control panel allows, or look at upgrading to Backlight.

One of the last versions before Backlight.

Would Backlight offer the ability to create full screen width images aka New York Time look, or would I need an additional gallery?

I think I get charged extra by my ISP for using an older version of PHP, so time to upgrade or switch to a Wordpress photography theme since my business is more focused on teaching than photographing.

I think you can do that using the Essay module, which comes with Backlight.