Album published incorrectly

After a lot of editing work, yesterday I finally tried to publish one of three planned new travel photo albums. I set them up as I had done previously, selecting a “travel album set” for the options so that it be added to the list of similar albums. I also confirmed that TTG publisher v7.0 was installed and enabled.

The new album took some time to publish but once it did, it was NOT listed as a member of the travel albums. I was able to find the album when I re-opened my website this morning. I ran through the album and it appeared to work OK, albeit a bit sluggishly. When I went to check again, the album was still not included in the drop-down for this album set. In addition, the album wasn’t displayed a cover image. Can you help?

Thanks

Aaron

Sorry, forgot to add a link to the album: Catalunya 2023 - Girona Province - Finks Photos

One other point…I re-opened LR and check the album settings were what I thought were correct. I then opted to try to re-publish the album. As occurred yesterday, after selecting “re-publish” I didn’t see the typical advancing horizontal lines in the upper left corner of LR. In addition, I didn’t see the progressive moving disappearance of the images as the album was re-published. Instead a saw a message stating “updating published collections”.

I am not sure if it’s pertinent, but I do believe this is the first album I have published since upgrading to Backlight 5.

Hi Aaron,

This seems to happen once in a while with Lightroom Publisher (going back to the CE days). Probably a Lightroom issue in the first place.

Looking at your Travel Photography album set, I see two Catalynya 2023 albums. One with a thumbnail, one without:

The one with a thumbnail has a slug of catalunya-2023-girona-province1, the other doesn’t have the “1” appended to it. It also has no images in the album.
The solution is to go into Backlight Publisher and delete the album that doesn’t have the 1 at the end.
If it’s not showing up in Backlight Publisher, you can delete it by accessing the database.

Then rename the other to remove the 1.

Also, sometimes new albums don’t appear in the menu structure. Clearing template cache should remedy this. Otherwise it just takes some time to catch up.

Rod: As always, I greatly appreciate the help. Would it be reasonable to clear the template cache first, before changing these albums? Either way, can you remind how to do that?

Aaron

I don’t think it really matters when you clear the template cache.
Clear template cache by going to Backlight > Admin > Special Links. Clear Template Cache is one of the links

Rod: Thanks. I was able to clear the template cache and published the last two albums. They look good and appear appropriately with cover images on the “travel albums” set page. Yet but despite using the first album (Girona) I published as the source for the settings, they again do not appear in the travel album galleries dropdown. I tried to change the source of the settings to a different travel album and re-publishing, but that didn’t help. ? Thoughts

did you clear template cache after publishing the new albums?

I did but will do so again. That said, I intended to lump all three galleries into an album set. After I created the album set and moved the three albums into the set, the problem became moot as all three are there. Thanks

Rod: Well I spoke too soon. Somehow, the album set I created now includes the three new galleries, AND my home page gallery and the three other global album sets (nature, travel and underwater). These new additions do NOT appear in the menu layout of the new album set I created on the design page, nor when viewed in my Backlight page or under the album set in LR. I have deleted the album set and re-created it but the problem persists. Can you help? Sorry for the hassle.

Aaron

Which one is that? The CATALUNYA set? I only see three albums in that set.
It might help if we can see what you’re seeing. Can you post a screen shot of what you’re seeing along with the corresponding url for the set?

You can add screen shots by simply pasting a jpg or a png into the message.

A screen shot of your menu set as it appears in Backlight might help too. I see that the Recent Work sub-menu is a bit messed up

Yes, that the one I talking about. It only appears in the menu dropdown for recent work when hovering over the new album set. Here’s a picture:

Here’s the way it’s configured in the Backlight menu setup:

I think I see the problem.
You have the Catalunya item Linked to an Album Set pointed to Galleries. This brings in the Home Page Gallery, Nature, Travel and Underwater in addition to what you really want there.

I’ll give that a try. Thanks