Amending Exported Pangolin Templates

I have my first set of BL5 Pangolin templates created. I’d like to create another set using a different colour theme.

After exporting the album template, I changed the name and colours in the exported text file. When I try to import the amended template the system tells me it has been amended since it was exported, and does not import it.

What else do I need to change in the exported template to allow it to be imported after amendment?

I don’t know if altering exported template files before importing is possible.

But one option is to first clone the template in question, then make your changes, and then export.

Or export the template as-is, import it, and then make the changes.

Thanks @rod_barbee . I was trying to speed up the process of creating other templates with identical properties but with different colour themes. Changing the colours in an exported template takes about 15 minutes for a set of page, album set and album. It’s a lot longer using the web UI.

My use case is that for my local web gallery of personal photos over the years in CE3, I have 19 colour themes spread over 295 albums, so I’d need to clone 3 templates (page, album set and album), then use the UI to modify each one. That will take some time.

That may be the way it needs to be done. @Matthew and @Ben will need to comment on that.

It looks to me that the exported template file contains a checksum at the end. Probably to warn about corrupt files.
I think you’re just going to have to use the Backlight interface to make those template changes.

Rather than export, edit, and then import templates, have you tried just cloning them within Backlight?

In the templates list, click the template’s name. You’ll be taken to a page where you can clone the template, or perform other actions (delete, etc.)

After cloning a template, just edit the clone in the usual way.

Thanks @Matthew, cloning is what I did. I was trying to bypass the lengthy process of editing each using the UI.

I’ll carry on plugging away. Once the templates are done they are done.