Associate existing albums with publisher on new computer

I have just setup a new computer and installed LR. I have restored my saved catalog and images. I have re-installed the latest backlight LR publisher and confirmed authentication. However, none of my previously created and published albums are displayed under the publishing service. How do I restore these albums under the publishing service?

Thanks

If you’re using the exact same catalog that created the albums in the first place, then they should appear under Lightroom’s Publish Service in your new computer.
From my memory of moving to a new computer, it was all just there after installing Lightroom and the Publisher plug-in.

Double check the Publisher API URL, making sure that if your site url in Backlight starts with https, then so does the API URL in Publisher.

Rod: Thanks for the prompt reply. I copied the latest catalog from LR and used it to setup LR on my new computer. I then imported the LR publisher from Backlight and reset the URL and the API. I have confirmed that the settings for my URL in backlight settings and LR API settings both use “https”. Unfortunately, all I see in LR under the publisher is “default album”.

I don’t know if it matters, but does the copied catalog have the same filename as the original?

Rod:…Well I screwed up. I just realized that the catalog I imported was from my Desktop. The albums were published from my laptop. I suspect the solution lies in this errant file selection on my part. I’ll let you know if this doesn’t solve the problem. Thanks

Aaron

Rod: When I set up the LR on the new computer, I couldn’t remember the API number, so I changed it in both Backlight and the new instance of LR on the new computer. When I just opened LR on my laptop to get the correct catalog, I assumed I needed to change the API key there as well. After I did so, the program wants to re-publish all of the albums. Should I proceed or just change the API back to what it was before?

I told you I screwed UP!! :slight_smile:

Updating the API passcode doesn’t do any harm!

Whenever you make a change in the Lr Publisher settings, Lr asked to republish your images. Just ignore this.

OK. Thanks. Will the request to re-publish go away?

just click “no” to republish

Thanks!

BTW, for what it’s worth, the two (apparently different) catalog files DO have the same name.

Aaron