Backlight 5 Modules Don't Appear

Upgraded to Backlight 5, order # xxxxxxxx (edited by moderator for privacy). Downloaded “Backlight-5-Installer-117” per instructions and copied it to a disk location and Dropbox, again per instructions. In Backlight admin, no Backlight 5 modules or update button appear for upgrading.

were you already using Backlight 4?
If so, and if you used the same email address to purchase BL5 as you did for BL4, then the updates should show in your Backlight Modules page without you needing to upload anything.

Probably need to fix this. I may have used my ......@mac.com address on BL4; whereas I used ......@me.com for BL5. They are equivalent addresses – @mac.com, @me.com, @iCloud.com. I tried to change the address in Backlight settings, but couldn’t seem to get it working.

you can try this:

or send Matt a private message

Got it. Thanks.

@richam I’ve updated your order to use the same @mac address as your Backlight 4 order. You should now be able to perform the upgrade.

Ouch! I had already followed Rod’s advice and updated order details to the @me.com address and got it working. Since Rod showed me the method, no need for further action. If you publish BL6, I can change it back if needed.

Better to change Backlight to use the same address as all your orders. If there’s a mismatch, it maybe affect your ability to upgrade add-ons.

So either way, I needed to update either your prior orders, or your new one.

Good point. I changed the order details back to the @mac.com address. Thanks for all the help.

Same issue here. Just purchased Upgrade to BL 5. Used the same email address like for older purchases. Can not see the Update All Button respectively the available version is for all modules 4.1.3.

Any solution ?

UPDATE: working fine now, perhaps it took only an hour for synchronization

Odd, but maybe the servers were having a moment. Glad for the update. Please let us know if anything else seems amiss.