BL for Client response only

I have a few questions and some errors to report, unfortunately:

Questions: I only want to use BL for Client response (just like I used to with your TTG CE3 Client Response Gallery) so my questions are:

• Do I just create and Album per wedding client so they can choose their order?
• Can I only publish images that are drafts i.e. not full high resolution ? I ask because your LR publisher doesn’t seem to offer a resize option ? I don’t want full-res 24Mb DLSR images uploaded wasting space and time but just say 1280px etc ? or am I going to have to export them first at my draft export setting then upload via the publisher on the website ?

Errors:

• After following the your docs instructions to create a Client Response Page temple, when clicking “Design” on my newly created “Client Weddings” template I do not see “Enable Add-ons” to choose Client response but I have the client response module installed?
• I tried to publish for the first time via Lightroom (latest version of LR with latest version of your LR-Plugin) see screenshots for errors.

You can

Set the image rendition size in the album template. Upon publishing from Lightroom, the images will be resized.

This is done in Album Templates, not Page Templates.

I’m not sure about those errors, Ben may need to take a look. Have you created an album template to assign to the album?

HI, no. Just to fill you in this my first time on Backlight, I’ve only been using TTG 2 before.

To create the test Album I right clicked in the LR Publish module to create new Album “test” then tried to publish and go these errors.This is a completely new install of Backlight so everything is set default.

OK thanks I’ve now created a new “Client Wedding Album” as Client Response and I can see the rendition size is set to 960px. Does Lightroom still upload the full res images and then gets resized on the web-server ? Do the full res version get uploaded to the server ? i.e using up space or just the resized versions ?

When I create an Album per client and send then send the client the link to view their images for client response, how do I stop the client from viewing all my other client Albums? i.e the Album links display a menu with a link back to galleries etc so how do I make client Albums private?

I created 2 test Albums “Test-2” and “Test-3” on the BL admin and deleted the “Test” album that I created using the LR TTG Publisher. When I opened up LR and visited the TTG Publisher I still see my original Test album and not the 2 new albums “Test-2” and “Test-3” or am I incorrect in this assumption that they should be there? see attached.

P.S I Can’t attached sample screenshot images of the problem to show you on posts?? why ?

I get “Sorry, you can’t put images in a post” so how do I show you ?

I have tried another test creating an album via LR TTG Publisher called “Test 0”, it picked up the my “Client Wedding Album” template and created OK, however when I try and publish an image I get the same error message “An internal error has occurred: JSON.lua:458 …” etc as before on my original screenshot

Hi @GaryTapp, your server is missing one of the required PHP modules. Can you see whether there’s a way of enabling the PHP Exif module through your control panel? If not, you’ll need to ask your host’s technical support to enable it.

Hi @GaryTapp, further from my last reply, are you running the latest updates of Backlight? Which version of Backlight are you using, 2 or 3?

OK thanks I’ve request my hosting support to enable.

Backlight 3.

The images are resized by Lightroom before uploading to the server. Just sizes you designate are uploaded.
You can have hi-res renditions for download created by Publisher (to a limit). If you need the full res images online and available for download you can do that too, but you would need to upload those manually. See tgif docs:

See the documentation:

Albums that you create using Backlight Publisher do not appear in Lightroom Publisher.

Any album you create in Lightroom Publisher should be deleted in Lightroom Publisher.

If you delete a Lightroom Publisher created album from the Backlight interface, Lightroom Publisher won’t know that.

The reason you can’t post images yet is likely due to forum “trust level.” This is an anti spam feature of the forum software that blocks new users from certain forum features. Restrictions get lifted after a certain number of posts are made.

OK thanks all noted.

Ok all noted and understood on the Public & Private options and I’ve tested them out, however, I will still like the album page more standalone i.e without the Galleries, About, Contact, Search so if I can remove those then I don’t need the private or protected options, so can I delete those pages/menus? (I have the breadcrumbs also turned off)

create a new menu set (or edit the existing menu set) that does not include those items. Assign that menu set to the page template that is assigned to the album template

1 Like

Hi @GaryTapp, this issue with Exif has come up in another topic. Who are you hosting with? It would be good to see whether the issue is with the same host.

HI Ben, the Exif PHP module was installed overnight on my server and my LR publisher worked on the Test 0 album I created and upload images without issue from LR so it seems to be working now.

But when I tried to publish to the Default Album I get the same error as before “Unexpected error: Undefined index: slug in ApiController.pho on line 284” ? (see original attached image)