BL4 messed up thumbnail grids

On my site, I am using the Justified thumbnail grid in Pangolin albums. After running the upgrade to BL4, I noticed that the aspect ratio of my thumbnails is wrong. Looking at the HTML, the only difference I can see is that the width and height in the style in the figure tag that the thumbnail img resides in are different than what they were in BL3.

Paul

Have you checked that the correct template is assigned and that thumbnail grid settings are correct?

I think the same thing happened to my Justified albums. The thumbnails used to be bigger (I’m using 350px thumbs). Checking the template I saw that the row height was set to 192px. I changed that to 350 and the grid now looks more like I remember it looking.

I tried changing the row height, and no matter what I did it made it worse. I also notice that the height in the figure tags is 166 for the first row, and then it changes to 186 for the rest of the rows.

Can you post a link to an album so Matt will have something to look at?

Also try the usual fixes, like clearing template and browser cache, and clicking on the Update Album Files link in the main dashboard.

1 Like

I had already tried clearing the caches. Running Update Album Files didn’t change anything.

There’s a new slider in Pangolin Album you should change. Edit your album template, open the Thumbnail Grid control group, and adjust the Row Height slider to use a smaller value. Based on the height of your thumbnail renditions, try a value of 150 or smaller.

That did the trick. Thank you very much.