Bug Report when clicking title

Whenever I use my top menu to try to go to any of my galleries, I now get an error (this used to work…):

"Something went wrong

Unexpected error: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in ErrorHandler.php on line 173

Please report error at " (had to remove actual url to let the comment through here)

Note that it is telling me to go to the old TTG url, and of course, that it no longer works.

Website is – www.MindStormPhoto.com – choose any of the menu items on top and you get this error.

Have you recently updated to Backlight 3?
You can try clicking on the Update Album Files link found on the main Backlight dashboard under Special Links.

There looks to be an issue writing to the log file(s). This shouldn’t happen because the code checks that the log file can be written before attempting to write to it. For some reason, that check is passing but then writing is failing. Our code hasn’t changed in this section, and since it was once working but now isn’t, it implies that something else has changed on your server.
Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login and FTP access via direct message so that I can look further into this?

Well, seems I can’t even log in to the admin for Backlight on my web site now??? I have definitely been there in the past, though it has been a couple months.

My name/password is said to be invalid. I therefore did a “forgot my password,” got the link, created a new password, and was told it was accepted. But it still won’t log me in.

The Login Page for Backlight3 shows up. I enter credentials… and it just returns me to the same page with the fields empty. No error message. No indication of what the problem is, but not going into the home page…?

I tried this on both Safari and Chrome (both on the Mac under 10.15.7) with the same results. Tried to reset the password using both browsers. Tried to login on both browsers. They both act identically.

As above, please provide me with access so that I can look into this.

Since I cannot log on myself at this point, I cannot create a new admin account for you to use. Also, not sure how to DM you with logon details? I checked in Facebook Messenger and there are a dozen Ben Williams there, many of which look like they could be you?

Can you send me an email so we can contact there, in a more private conversation? I am

burt -at- mindstorm-inc.com

just click on Ben’s name in his post. You can then DM him privately and send your ftp credentials

Sorry, but I must be dense… I don’t see how to do that?

I click on “Ben” and get a small popup with his name, how long it has been since he posted that comment, when he last read a comment (10 hours ago), and how many posts he has made on this topic (2). I don’t see anyway to send him a private message.

I also clicked through to his profile, but though I see a lot of info, I do not see any mechanism for a private message. (FWIW, I did all that before suggesting he send me an email, and again now after your suggestion, in case I had missed something the first time)

Ben successfully sent me an email, so we have established the needed contact route, and I have sent him all the logon and additional details. As such, the DM need no longer exists, though I am curious what I missed in trying to go that way…?

Might be that since you’re relatively new on this forum that the trust level isn’t high enough yet for DMs. I’ll bump it up.

Thx. :slight_smile:

I’ve been a TTG customer for a least a decade. Just have not had a need for several years to ask for tech help on TTG products, and you had a different forum software back then.

Matt transitioned to this forum a few months ago. Everybody had to reregister and the software automatically sets the trust level at the lowest level for new registrations. It rises after a certain amount of participation or if a moderator changes the level. This is a spam prevention feature.
And fortunately, this forum software is pretty good at keeping spam out.

1 Like

Not a problem. Just glad to hear that my inability to figure out how to DM Ben was a forum “feature” instead of another “senior moment” at my end… :slight_smile:

I was a software developer from 1970 until my retirement in 2013, and like to believe I was pretty good at it. Seems like a lifetime ago now, and I don’t think I could even remember how to compile a line of code these days…!

Ha. Sorry for any confusion. The forum reset has been great for us, though. I really like the new platform, and we were able to purge something like 10,000 fraudulent registrations.

SOLVED! Ben Williams spent one heck of a lot of time, but stuck with it and solved the problem on my web site.

(Ben - correct me if I am wrong here) It turned out to be a file permissions problem on my web site. Apparently something that my ISP did when they recently changed their servers (I did get an email about that change happening, but never connected the two items until now).

Thanks Ben for sticking with this and getting me back up and running! :slight_smile:

PS: It doesn’t seem I am able to edit the original post. I usually like to add something like “[EDIT - Solved. See below]” when possible, to let others that trip over the thread know there is a solution buried in the comments. Not possible here?

Glad to hear that Ben fixed it.
As to editing, do you see three dots at the bottom of your post? Try clicking on that. Then look for a pencil icon.

Th three dots are there. Though I am able to edit the more recent posts, I cannot edit the initial one (no ‘pencil icon’ – just trash can, bookmark, and ‘private flag’).

I know that one of the other forums I occasionally use, only allowed editing within the first 48 hours. I assumed that was a restriction here, when I saw I could not edit (and yes, I had tried the ‘three dots’ before noting that I could not edit the initial post)

Hi @MindStormPhoto, I’m glad to have been able to help and that you’re back on track. I don’t know if I fixed anything, and suspect that you’re right that your host made changes that both broke the permissions and then fixed them.