Cart Add-On for Workshop Deposits?

I haven’t purchased Cart Add-On yet because I’m not sure it would work like I need it to.
I’d like to add a sub-domain for photography workshops with the ability for clients to make a deposit and/or final payment.
Would Cart Add-On work for this or would I be better off creating a WP or SquareSpace site specifically for this?
My site is all Kookaburra but would I have to set the page to Pangolin for the Cart to work?

It works great! I use the write in buttons for deposit, full payment, and balance payments.

For now, you will need to use a Pangolin page to use the cart.

You can see how I use the cart here:

You can set up all your payment buttons on one page or you can add a button to each workshop page.

WOW… what a beautiful site Rod!!! Great presentation!! Thanks, this seems so much better than using all of those expensive WP and SS options. Is your entire site Backlight?

My workshops site is a WordPress based site using a theme created with the Backlight WordPress add-on.

I’m also using a page builder plugin as well as a slideshow plugin and other useful things.

@TBCbarefoot has created a workshops site completely from Backlight (except her sign up form) and also uses the cart. Take a look at her site too

Rod, again thanks for the great insight! Her site is wonderful also. I’ll look into the BL WP add-on also. THANKS!!!

Don, I have been using Backlight for several years now, having built two websites with it — the other is https://www.BC-FineArtPhotography.com/ for a different look and example of what one can do.

The team at TTG was terrific in helping to solve some issues, particularly when I was starting out. That includes Rod, Ben, Dan, and even Matthew, along with other members of the forum.

I think you will be quite pleased, and if you have questions, please ask away.

Meanwhile, so delighted you like my site. I am one of those people that always goes in for customizations, something, again, I did through Backlight.

Good luck to you. You will not look back!

And Rod, I am tickled you used my site as an example!

Take care,

TBC/Margo

2 Likes

Great site(s)… I’ve been using BL for years but pretty rudimentary… Recently moved to southern Utah and got a p/t job as a guide… Realized I was very good at it, many compliments, particularly when we had photographers. I’ve been a commercial advertising photographer since I was 22 (now over 60, ugh). Anyway, moved to this incredibly beautiful location and enjoy sharing it with new people! Staying in shape by hiking and shooting is a way of life for me… so this seems like a natural fit! I’ll just have to see how it works out.

thanks for all the help… and I’ll be back!!!

Don