Cart issue blocking the entire page

Hi,

on my Backlight installation using carts I’m getting the following error: Required parameter $formatter follows optional parameter $isVendor in CartUtility.php on line 139 while loading any page.

Could you help me, please?

Many thanks and Krgds
Sven M

HI Sven,

First check to make sure your installation of Backlight and Cart are all up to date.

Is this a new installation or was it previously working?

Hi Rod,

it’s a complete new installation

do you know if your host complies with the requirements found at the bottom of this page:

yes - x-checked with the host support… backlight without cart/client runs also well on the server

Hi @SvenM, this is a coding issue on our end, however this has never raised an error before. Can you please visit the page PHP Info via the link on the main Backlight admin page and report the version of PHP that you have?

Hi Ben, many thanks!! you’ve found it - the page was running on 8.0, I’ve changed it to 7.4 and now it looks like everything is working again

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Error on Client login page

Thanks for providing the version number. Your host is being gung ho to move so quickly to PHP 8. Other projects such as WP are still incompatible.
We have released updates for PHP 8 compatibility, but have missed this issue with the Cart. I’ll work on a fix for it.

many thanks !!! I’ve overlooked that, now it works !