Cart no longer works with latest modules

I just updated my website to the latest modules across the board. Everything works except for the cart. I cleared the cache and cleared my browser and the cart no longer works. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m in a bit of a panic at the moment.

I get the usual “No product is available for purchase. Please try again and contact…”. I then get an error email from Backlight that refers to a pricing scheme of “Landscape”, which doesn’t exist on my website anywhere. I use a “Standard” pricing scheme for all my photos.

Mike

Hi Mike,

have you tried the usual: reinstall cart, clear template cache, update album files?

Yes, I did all of that so I’m scratching my head. Both my test site and live site have the same issue. It has something to do with the pricey scheme it seems. It appears to be looking for a pricing scheme named “Landscape” which doesn’t exist anywhere on my website.

Weird. @Ben will need to sort this one out probably.

Hi @mblanchette1, I can’t tell what’s happening from looking at your site.
Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login so that I can check your settings? The best way is to message via this forum, by clicking my name followed by the Message button.

1 Like

Hi @mblanchette1, thanks for the access. I’m still trying to figure out why it isn’t working.

Hi @mblanchette1, I think I’ve found the problem. It’s related to the names of your pricing schemes not matching. I’ve provided more details in a message.

That baffles me but consistent with the messages. I upload all my photos using the TTG Publisher plug-in in Lightroom and none of my galleries have ever used “Landscape” as a pricing scheme. All my galleries use “Standard” for prints so I have no idea where “Landscape” is coming from. But everything was working until I updated to the latest modules, so the update seems to have caused the change somehow. Is that a default pricing scheme name in TTG Publisher by any chance?

Hi @mblanchette1, the mechanism that’s kicking in is what we call ‘mixed pricing’. It is enabled in the album template’s add-on settings for the cart. When enabled, the value set for the Category field for a given photo is used for the pricing scheme.

It looks like there’s a bug in our code that is triggering this mechanism even when Mixed Pricing is not enabled in the album template. I’m not aware of any changes that would have affected this with Backlight 5. We’ll look into this.

Hi @mblanchette1, I have found the problem and put in a fix. Your albums are now correctly using the pricing scheme assigned to the album (e.g. Standard for California - Michael Blanchette Photography) rather than the Category.

This was caused by a code refactor in Backlight 5 that resulted in the disabling of mixed pricing for photos to occur before the photos had been fetched from the database.

Thanks for the rapid turnaround, Ben. I’m surprised I was the first to run into this issue. Do I need to update modules again?

Mike

Hi Mike, it could be that nobody else is widely populating the Category field and running the cart.

There’s no need to update anything. I put in a silent fix which included two lines of code, and updated the Publisher module on your site.

We’ll wrap up our silent fixes into a formal release, with a higher version number such as 5.0.2.

1 Like