Client Response Add-on - Filter View

Hi,

I used Backlight 1 with client response so that my clients could select images from shoots. After switching hosting services, by mistake, I lost all my previous galleries (no big deal, only finished projects), but I also lost my templates. So when I bought Backlight 3 I had to redesign my templates from scratch.

In this new version, the filter view is now a drop down menu. If I remember correctly, in Backlight 1 it was a bar on top of the page where you could see all of the icons for filtering images. Now it is a drop down menu under the Selection Icon. I have done some tests with friends before using my new galleries with clients and everyone finds it really hard to realize that a small icon on the upper right corner is where I can dim or filter out the rejected images and, more importantly, send the final selection.

Is there a way to add some text next to the Selection Icon in order to make things more obvious? I fear that I will receive many questions from clients regarding the functionality of my galleries. I tried attaching an image hoping that my question could be understood correctly, but apparently your system is blocking me from doing that… maybe it is because it is my first post…

Thanks!

A couple of easy options:
you can add text to the album template that explains the controls. Or you could add text to the Gallery Help pop-up explaining controls.

Thanks! I have done that!

However, I believe it would be more intuitive not have to spell out where the menu is so users can find it more easily.