Client response Feedback problem

Hello,

When a client add a feedback text with more than 1 sentence, que texte can’t be send and the form ask each time I went to send to refresh de browser
. Have a clue why this problem ?

Kind regards.
Gaétan.

Are your Backlight installation and your Client Response add-on both up to date?

Can you post a link to a client response album?

Yes, I tested before and after the updates : same problem.

Galerie example :

login email: test@test.fr
pass : test

When only a short sentence : the feedback is ok and send, if more some words and 2 or more sentences : error message.

I just sent three feedback messages. But I’m not sure if they went through. Can you translate:

I received only one with 2 words : test message.
No other one.

The text is the translate of the “Something Went Wrong” initial english message.

Something along these lines:

Something went wrong. Try to enter the text in a single phrase.

Thank you for retrying. Contact me if the problem persists.

That shouldn’t happen. Ben will need to take a look

I’m trying to see this. Where are you entering the feedback? There’s no feedback option in that gallery.
@Daniel and @rod_barbee have you seen this elsewhere other than in Gaétan’s test album?

The feedback form appear when the client want to “send” his selection.
I received your test with 2 shorts sentences. Have tested more text ?
The problem exist on other albums also (this test album is for this forum).
Monday, a client want to leave me a message, that’s how I knew there is a problem with long texts in the form.

It’s not the feedback fields, it’s happening in the message area when submitting.
I can’t reproduce the problem in my own test site.

Hi @rod_barbee, can you share the message you were trying unsuccessfully to submit? What browser are you using?

Another attempt with a longer message including copying-and-pasting some of the French text. It looks to have succeeded.

it was just a few lines of semi-witty nonsense. Using Firefox

@rod_barbee can you try again and use the network inspector to see what the server is returning when there’s an error?

I see this error:

and this under Network:

Thanks, @rod_barbee. Can you click on the ‘Response’ tab and see what the contents is?
The 406 Not Acceptable error looks like the web server is rejecting the request.

this is what showed up when I clicked on the Response tab:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

An example of message unsuccessfully submit (“enter at each and of line”) on Google Chrome Mac.

“test de test
test de test avec test
ceci est un test de test de test
avec encore un test de test”

Looking at the response that Rod posted and which I’ve also now seen, this looks to be a security issue on your web host. The response isn’t coming from Backlight. Do you have any security settings that you can configure, such as those related to mod_security? If not then you may need to take this up with your host’s technical support.

Thanks for your answers.
I tested on my webhosting.
You’re right, when I desactivate the module “ModSecurity” for my domain, the problem is gone. Multi sentences are allowed and send with no problem.
My host advises us to leave this option enabled for security, what do you think about that ?

Kind regards, Gaétan.