Client Response not working

Hi @djscyper, that error is caused because Backlight is not aware that the CR module exists. You’ve mentioned FTP. Had you tried using FTP to remove or add this module?
Modules should only be added via the Backlight Modules page. What do you see when you visit the page via the Admin > Backlight Modules link? Does it show an entry for Client Response? If so, try to reinstall it via the Reinstall link on that entry.

Hi @Ben. Yes, after I got stuck with the first error I had, I renamed the module on the FTP and then reinstalled it using the backend installer, since then I have the current error with the index.php. I can also reactivate the old directory, maybe it will be easier to fix the error where I don’t see any images in the frontend CRG. See picture in the first entry.

Hi @djscyper, I’m not sure what’s gone wrong then. Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login via direct message, along with any URLs that I can check?

Hi @djscyper, thanks for the FTP access. I’ve found the issue. I can see that you renamed the old module-client-response directory, leaving it in backlight/modules directory. Backlight scans that directory for modules, and would have got confused with having two versions of the same module available.

I’ve moved that old directory from backlight/modules into backlight and then reinstalled the module via the Backlight Modules page. The error has now gone, and I can see that CR is available in both the album settings (for those using a CR-enabled template) and in Designer album templates.

Can you check that everything else is working now? If your albums don’t work immediately, you may need to edit the the albums and associated templates to make sure they’re set up properly with CR.

Thanks for your support. I’m on the road right now, but everything seems to be working as usual.

Was it really because the old directory was in the folder module?

Greetings Michael

Yes. One of the reasons for Backlight having an installer is so that users don’t muck around in the folders, to minimize this type of user-inflicted error. :wink:

1 Like