Client Response working sporadically

I’m having issues with my Client Response feedback. I’ve been hit or miss on the unmanaged type (and perhaps the managed, although I haven’t done a lot of testing).

When I make my selections, click ‘Send’, fill out the form and click ‘Submit’, I’ll get an email about 50% of the time. I’m using Bluehost and Gmail. I’ve reinstalled each of the modules twice for good measure. I have tried several troubleshooting attempts but the issue persists.

Where would be a good place to start in your opinion? Here’s a CRG enabled gallery for testing:

When I look at the gallery in the Publisher tab of the Backlight backend, I see this in the ‘Integration’ section:
Enable Cart: No
Enable Client Response: Yes
Client Management: managed
Feedback Profile ID: 1

When I look in the Lightroom Publish section, the gallery is using the proper template and there’s no mention of managed or unmanaged. It is publicly visible, no access code and the feedback profile is default.

Can it be email settings? Why would it be so sporadic? I’m frustrated at the inconsistency! Any help you can offer would be great!

In the Lightroom Publisher plugin, if you’re using a Client Response template, then the Features tab is where you set Visibility. If it’s set to Private- requires Client account and access that means it’s a Managed album.

In Backlight Publisher, Client Management is set to “managed.” That seems to be a conflict.

In Backlight Publisher, edit the album and look under the Features tab. What is Visibility set to there?

Visibility is set to ‘Public - Visible To Everyone’.
I even changed it, saved it, changed it back to Public, and saved it again. No change in ‘Client Management’.

I don’t think that if the Visibility is set to Public that the album should also show as “managed.”

Was this originally created as Visibility: Private and then changed to Visibility: Public?

Is everything in Backlight up to date? Is the Publisher plug-in up to date (5.2.1)?

I created a brand new gallery in Backlight (not Lightroom). I used my CRG template. I chose Public visibility. It is still showing as ‘Managed’.

Integration
Enable Cart: No
Enable Client Response: Yes
Client Management: managed
Feedback Profile ID: 1

Edit: Everything is up to date. All modules, all plugins and Lightroom.

Since you sometimes get the email, it may just be an email issue. But the albums being marked as “managed” in the Integration section of the album info in Backlight might be an issue.

I tried creating new public client response albums and they are being marked as managed. But I also have at least one older album with Visibility set to be Public and the album info for Managed: is blank.

Ben will need to take a closer look as to what’s going on.

I changed the galleries that I needed feedback on to Private and set up accounts for the 4 users. That seems to work just fine. They’re consistent. I don’t know what the difference is between the two types as far as backend processing.

Managed albums can remember where a client left off. So you client can make some choices and add feedback then close the browser and come back later to pick up where they left off.

I was aware of the features of managed vs unmanaged. This was a one time thing and there wasn’t a need to create a client, password, assign galleries, etc. for these individuals. That’s why I went the route of Public and just had them enter their info upon submission. Since that wasn’t working consistently, I switched and had them managed.

As far as the “backend processing” I mentioned, I wasn’t sure how the coding handled the difference between the two. I don’t know if there’s any debugging that I can do on my end to see how the code passes the name, email, message, and any other included fields to the mailer. Upon clicking ‘Submit’ I received the same success message for both types. It was the receipt of the submission in either of our inboxes that was not consistent.

Ben will be able to answer that. I always thought it used the same mechanism to send email regardless if it’s from a contact form, cart, or either of the CRG methods.