Contact form field issue

Hi all,
even with an empty Contact Form design, the Address field is still visible.
How to get rid of it?

Best regards,
Oliver

@Ben will need to look at that. I suspect itā€™s there because of the Honeypot, even though it shouldnā€™t be showing.

Before activating the Honeypot, did you update module-admin from the Backlight Modules page?

Iā€™m guessing that field can be hidden with custom css, but I donā€™t know if the bots would still be fooled into filling it out.

Hi Rod,

Before activating the Honeypot, I did update module-admin.
And indeed the ā€œAddressā€ field is gone if I delete ā€œdefine(ā€˜ENABLE_HONEYPOTā€™, true);ā€ and rename the file to env.php.skel

Will there be any solution in a future update or shall I use Google reCaptcha with an enhanced GDPR Notice? (Iā€™m in Germany / Europe)

Best regards,
Oliver

@Ben will need to address that

What generation of plugins are you using? Pangolin or Kookaburra?

We did drop support for the honeypot and enabling it for now is a workaround. Weā€™ll look into the display of Address when we have a proper look at reenabling the honeypot functionality. In the meantime I suggest disabling it.

Hi Ben,

thank you for the information.
On my new website I only use Kookaburra for now because I will see how far I can go with it.

Best regards,
Oliver

1 Like

Hi Oliver, I was able to work that out from your form. Iā€™ve tried the honeypot on Kookaburra and donā€™t see the Address field. There is CSS to hide it. Iā€™ll revisit this with Matt as I work further to add back the honeypot as a configurable option in the admin interface.

Ben, thank you for your quick reply.
I activated Honeypot again and on my contact form it shows the address field. Also a message via the contact form is not sent.

Best regrads,
Oliver