Emails not coming through from orders? Please help!

Hi, I have recently updated to Backlight 3 and also renewed my hosting with Bluehost. Previously when an order was made the confirmation emails would come through to my own Gmail email and the client. Today is the first day since the update that I have had orders coming in and I am not getting any emails about orders! I can see the orders in Backlight Cart but I don’t think clients are getting the emails with the downloads’ link which is a big problem! PLEASE can anyone point me in the right direction how to fix this asap as I had a big event yesterday so will have many orders today and over the next few days?
TIA
Kind regards, Aisling.

see if this helps:

Will have a look, thanks! and thanks for the quick reply! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link. I tried to follow it but I’m still in trouble! I don’t know enough to understand it unfortunately. Bluehost have changed their control panel so it is difficult to follow the instructions exactly.
Do the following Backlight email settings look correct?
Backlight email settings|586x296

I have the Site Email and Vendor Email set to my gmail email address that I want emails to come into - is this correct or should a Bluehost generated email with the domain name be here instead?

If I have this end correct I’ll see then if Bluehost can help me with the send mail_path part unless anyone has any suggestions - I don’t know anything about php!
Many thanks for any advice!

have you reviewed the email setting docs?

Yes,that’s part of what has me confused. I’ve always had the gmail address in the Site Email and Vendor Email settings which has worked until now. And that document recommends the Send Mail Type should be set to ‘mail’ but when filling in those settings the pop up info box recommends ‘stmp’ for gmail so I don’t really know which it should be!

it also states:

Also in Backlight’s settings, your Site Email and Vendor Email should be an email address that matches the domain of your site, i.e. @yourdomain.com.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try changing it again and hopefully will work this time!

Just make sure you’ve created an email account for your domain.

Thanks again for your help - it is much appreciated!
I think I am making progress but its still not working. I have created a domain email and set Site Email and Vendor Email to this email address.
I have changed the email configuration settings so Mail Send Type is set to ‘mail’ and I have tried both leaving the remaining settings empty and then filled in with the stmp details provided by Bluehost. Neither has worked.
Bluehost have changed the PHP version to 5.4 as recommended.
I found the php.ini file and changed the line for sendmail_path to include my new domain email address as advised. (there is also a php.ini.ea4bak file there which I think is a back up version - not sure if I need to edit this also?)
However when I go back to Backlight and view PHP info’ to verify, the value for sendmail_path does not show the change (i.e. the new domain email address is not there) and the ‘sendmail_from’ says ‘no value’
Bluehost tested and said PHP emails are not being blocked at server end.
Any help with where I am wrong or what I should try next would be really appreciated!

Hi @Aisling, it sounds like you’ve done all the right things. I’m not what else could be the problem. Can you provide me with a Backlight Admin login via direct message so that I can look into this?

I can’t see the reference to 5.4. Where was it recommended to change to this version? It’s an old version that is no longer supported by the PHP developers.

The Backlight 3.1 updated seems to have fixed the problem! Now I just have to figure out how to get the domain emails to forward to the gmail! Thanks for your help - and the update!

Hi @Aisling, I’m not sure how it fixed it, because 3.1 didn’t change any of the email handling! I’m glad that it’s now working for you.

I’ve no idea but it worked! :slight_smile: I’m very relieved as have another event this weekend so really need it working!
Since then I have set the ‘Debug Google reCaptcha’ to ‘no’ after reading another thread about someone with the same problem as me (emails and contact page issue) and the documentation recommended there - is this correct or what should it be set it back to yes?
Thanks again, Aisling.