Error on Permalink page of photos

On the permalink pages of my photos I get the following error:

Something went wrong
Unexpected error: getimagesize(https://www.designladen.com/fotos/europe1/photos/Sender-Felsberg-Berus---Longwave-transmitter-Europe-1-P8111724-edit.jpg): Failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in 112-page-3.0.4-1-11-menu_7-116-single-3.0.4-3-73-1.view-1.template on line 94

Please report error at https://discourse.theturninggate.net

Thanks for your help!

Example:

Until someone who can actually understand that error (Ben) can take a look, try clicking on the Update Album Files link on the main Backlight dashboard. Might not hurt to try clearing template cache too.

Is this happening in every album?
Are you using Backlight Publisher or Lightroom Publisher to publish the images?

1 Like

try clicking on the Update Album Files link on the main Backlight dashboard. Might not hurt to try clearing template cache too.

Thanks! But makes no difference.

Is this happening in every album?

Yes.

Are you using Backlight Publisher or Lightroom Publisher to publish the images?

Lightroom Publisher

This looks like a server setup issue. Is this something new? If yes, try to change the php version.

A Google search suggests setting allow_url_fopen = on in your php.ini file might rectify this. As always, Ben knows more about that.

1 Like

@Daniel’s solution is kind of right, but ultimately this is a bug in BL3. The code should be trying to check the filesize of the local file, and not a file via an external URL.

I addressed this error (or at least one occurrence of it, in case you have encountered another). Are your Backlight Modules up-to-date? Can you try visiting Backlight Modules and updating to modules that have updates?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Channging of PHP versions did nothing.
In which directory must I save the php.ini?
Does the php.ini contain only the following line?
allow_url_fopen = on

Could I alternatively simply hide the error message via CSS?

Thanks for your help!

Do as Ben suggested first, there may be no need to edit php.ini.
If there is, then the php.ini file, if your site has one, resides in the root of the site.

1 Like

Are your Backlight Modules up-to-date? Can you try visiting Backlight Modules and updating to modules that have updates?

Checking if my software is up to date is always the first thing before I ask a support question … :slightly_smiling_face:

This is my php.ini
https://www.designladen.com/php.ini
Nothing changed.

I’m not sure that it’s safe to create a php.ini file with just that code in it. I don’t think I should be able to click on that link and see the contents. That may make it vulnerable to hackers. Plus, there is a whole lot of other code in there that may be needed to make settings work.

If your site didn’t previously have a php.ini file, then you may be able to have it created from within your C-panel. If I remember correctly, mine was created when I updated the php version of my site from the PHP Config section of my Cpanel. But it’s been a while.
try Googling on your host name plus php.ini. e.g. “bluehost php.ini”

2 Likes

OK, Thanks! I will ask my webhoster about it.