Essay can't update

I upgraded to 4.1 and build my first essay yesterday. I went back today to add more to the same one. I cannot get builder to appear. I don’t see that icon on the screen. What am I doing wrong. I am signed on as myself for I see the hidden gallery.

Have you tried clearing both browser and template cache?

Maybe try logging out of Backlight then logging back in.

If Rod’s suggestions don’t work, please post a URL to the page, and DM me an admin log-in so that I can get a look at things.

Thank you so much, that fixed it. I don’t do a lot of complex webstuff so this helped me a lot.

For myself, repeating the entry by Ron: “I upgraded to 4.1 and build my first essay yesterday. I went back today to add more to the same one. I cannot get builder to appear. I don’t see that icon on the screen. What am I doing wrong. I am signed on as myself for I see the hidden gallery.”
And: “Have you tried clearing both browser and template cache?
Maybe try logging out of Backlight then logging back in.”

I did those, still I cannot see the icon on the screen. I would add that I made some changes yesterday and I had to wait until today for the changes to show up on other design pages so I could proceed. Changes are taking a very long time to be recognized and show up.

“If Rod’s suggestions don’t work, please post a URL to the page, and DM me an admin log-in so that I can get a look at things.”

How do I DM you?

Click on @Matthew’s name and then you see the ‘message’ field.

Message received. I’ve had a look at your site, and I believe the issue here is that you have Backlight installed in a location alternative to what we recommend in our documentation. This is causing the essay to be unable to contact the API that serves the images. Ben is working on a fix for this issue, and I believe that version 4.1.1 will fix this for you.

We’ll hopefully be releasing the update very soon.

Update 4.1.1 is now available. Please install, and let us know whether you’re able to use essays.