Essay Fancybox Caption

Hi Folks,

I’ve been chasing a small problem. Same Image in Essay and Grid. Same Page Template. Same Caption Settings, Same Metadata Settings in the Album Templates.

Fancybox Single Image presentation: In Grid template caption is fine, in Essay template caption has a forward slash after the caption text…Happens for all images in Essay.

eg. Same image, caption reads “My Nice Picture” but reads “My Nice Picture /” in Essay.

All Images uploaded using latest plugin to Lightroom. Have removed all images and re-published them, re-created Albums etc.

Essay Album: [recent -]

Grid Album: [landscapes -]

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jon

Hi Jon,

What might be happening is that the 2nd Tokens field in the album template under Image Captions may be empty or using a token that refers to a metadata field that is empty. If both fields have metadata, then what you’d see is:
Caption 1 information / Caption 2 information.
Instead, since it looks like just the first token field is being used you’re seeing:
Caption 1 information /

I don’t see any option to use only one field.

Thanks Rod,

Yeah, I get that. Me neither. Would it be better to not use the Caption Fields and instead use the Metadata? Or would that mean that you’d see a ‘/’ whatever you did?

I’ll have a play and see what gives…

Jon

I’ve not thoroughly tested it yet.
I would try:
leaving the field blank (no token). And if that’s what you’re currently doing, try a token that will have no metadata associated with it.

Sounds like a bug I need to chase down.

I think I found it. I had fixed a similar issue with albums, but had missed the equivalent fix for essays.

Excellent news Matt, thanks for having a look.

Thanks for the update Matt, that works a treat!

1 Like

Great! I’m glad to hear it. I forgot to list that fix in the change log.