Feedback Email

I need help (again). I’m running CR and I have feedback turned on. However, I’m not getting any mail when the feedback form is submitted. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Your host may not be sending out emails if the from address(yours) is not one from your domain.
See this

It can apply to hosts other than Bluehost

I lease a Linux server and provide hosting to others (whitecapsolutions.com). All mail services are up and running. I don’t have an issue with Cart sending email. I am just not getting email from the feedback forms.

Have you checked spam folders?

I’ve actually checked the server logs to see if any mail from the script arrived. I can’t find any evidence that it has.
As I said I’m getting mail from the Cart script but not the CR script.

@Ben will need to look into it.

Hi @Frank, are you seeing any outgoing emails in the server logs from either the Cart or CR?

Hi Ben,
Am I seeing any outgoing emails in the logs from Cart or CR? Maillog is so cryptic and really isn’t showing me the detail - just that connections were made (sessions) and terminated. What I can tell is that CART is sending email as expected.
Still, I can find no evidence that CR is sending mail. I would be delighted to provide you with credentials to the Backlight script so that you can investigate further. Just let me know how to get credentials to you confidentially.
Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank, can you message me a Backlight admin login by clicking on my username followed by clicking ‘Message’?