Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated

Blockquote
Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/backlight/framework/init.php on line 19
ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, ‘ini_set(): Head…’, ‘/home/dlangan/w…’, 65, Array) #1 /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(65): ini_set(‘session.save_pa…’, ‘./…/…/backlig…’) #2 /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/backlight/framework/init.php(123): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/Weddings/20190803/lib.php(56): require_once(’/home/dlangan/w…’) #4 /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/Weddings/20190803/index.php(8): require_once(’/home/dlangan/w…’) #5 {main}|URL: /Weddings/20190803/index.php
Something went wrong
Unexpected error: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dlangan/www.deirdrelangan.com/backlight/framework/init.php:19) in init.php on line 53

Please report error at http://……theturninggate.net

Blockquote

Hi there, does any one know what this error means please? I can’t access my backlight admin/publisher or any other pages. This error comes up each time I try to access a backlight page either from a webpage or within Lightroom.

I haven’t tried to access one of my backlight galleries in a while. I’ve changed my website theme in the last couple of months & I recently installed wordpress 5.5 … not sure if these have anything to do with the problem?

Many thanks,
Deirdre

Hi Deirdre,
can you add a link to your site?

Are Backlight and the Lightroom Publisher plugin up to date?

It seems like you are running php 7.4. Try to select a php version 7.2 or 7.3 to see if this fixes the error.

Thank you very much Rod & Daniel.

I did recently start running php 7.4 up from php 7.2. I’ve just tried php 7.3 & website links seem fine. Why would this be?

Backlight & all galleries now look fine. Does this mean I have to remain on php 7.3 or is there something I can do that allows me to run php 7.4?

Thanks a million guys for your very prompt response & help! You’re the best! :sweat_smile: :smile:

As far as I can tell, php 7.4 depreciated some functions. @Ben keeps the Backlight 3 php code up to date to run with most recent php versions. So either you are not using the latest Backlight version (please check Backlight > Modules to see if you have the latest code), or there are some recent php changes that haven’t been addressed in the Backlight code base yet. In that case, a future Backlight update will address this so it runs properly on 7.4.

1 Like

Hi @dlangan, what version of Backlight are you running?

Hi Ben & Daniel,

Thank you so much & apologies for the delay. I’m on GMT/BST.

Just checking this out & I’ll report back :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m on backlight 1.2.3, which would explain the php problem. Thank you again guys for your help! Much appreciated.

Now would be a good time to update to Backlight 3 then.
Do you get Matt’s newsletter? There’s this from the newsletter to consider:

Upgrading to Backlight 3.1…

From Backlight 1 and CE4
Until now, early-bird pricing as been in effect for legacy upgrades to Backlight 3, with upgrade to Backlight and add-ons treated as if upgrading between contiguous versions.

Following the release of Backlight 3.1, we will be retiring the early-bird “contiguous” pricing for upgrades, and readjusting the price of upgrades to reflect the version gap from Backlight 1 to 3.

So, for those upgrading from our legacy products, this is your final opportunity to upgrade with the early-bird discount. And we really hope that you do!

1 Like

Thank you Rod!

I’ll have a think about it. I’ve spent the last few months upgrading my (wordpress) website & I’m not really using backlight all that much anymore; just using for private galleries.