Galleria and forms problem

I’ve got a bit of a strange problem. I use galleria on my homepage. I also have a sign up form on it. The problem is that when someone types their name and email address, it triggers the keyboard shortcuts for galleria, sending it into full frame mode or any number of other states.

Any ideas?

My homepage is www.bretculp.com

Thanks

Galleria listens for keystrokes on the page. I’d advise not using the slideshow on the same page as a form.

Unfortunately that’s the right place for my slideshow and for a mailing list sign up form, as it is on many photography sites. Any suggestions are appreciated.

How about using a Pangolin Theater/Vegas slideshow? I use this on my homepage and I have no problems with keystrokes.

1 Like

There’s nothing you would be able to do as a user.

I would need to investigate whether it’s possible to prevent page events propagating to the slideshow if in an input or textarea in the implementation of Galleria that I’ve written. But if Galleria is hiding all of it’s event handlers under-the-hood, I may not be able to do anything either.

If anything is possible at all, it would require a product update for the add-on. Daniel’s solution is probably best in the meantime.