Galleria Slide Show Transition

I’ve been using a Theater gallery on my home page and decided to give Galleria a try because I like the way it can expand on the page. I’ve run into two questions on this.

First, is there a way, through setting, php, or CSS to have the transition use a fade out/in instead of the image flying off to the left? It just feels kind of abrupt.

Second, is there a way to slow down the transition time? I’ve tried the transition slider on the template and regardless of setting it at 1000 or 9000, I can see no discernible difference. I’ve tried clearing the BL cache and the Safari cache, but nothing seems to make a difference.

You can see the galleria use on my homepage at TerranceAlexander.com.

Thanks.

It all works as expected for me.
The slideshow is a fade/dissolve transition for desktop. But on mobile devices, the images slide.

I can change the Transition Speed in the template and see the change in the show.

Looking at the page’s source code I see two places where transition speed is set. You haven’t by chance changed the Galleria code or are using phplugins to add a transition speed?

one speed is set to 6000 in the Galleria.run section. And that’s set in the same part of the code that mine is set.
The other is set to ‘4000’ (it has the single quote marks) and is set in the Galleria.addTheme section

Rod - The 6000 I had tried based on an older Tips and Tricks post that talked about changing fade time in Vegas and Galleria. I can take that back out but before I tried that route it still showed no sign of change. I assume the 4000 is from the template slider.

I’ve not looked at it on my Mac - just on my iPad. Does it operate differently on mobile devices vs full computers?

Since Matt added the transition time slider there is no longer a need to hack the Galleria code. I think you should just be able to reinstall Galleria from your Backlight Modules page and that should overwrite any files you changed.

Galleria acts differently on mobile devices than on desktops and laptops. Instead of fade/dissolve you have what you see. the images are swipable.

Thanks Rod - I already switched the Galleria module back. I didn’t realize it displays differently on mobile. I’ll have to see if the Galleria irritates me to much I might switch back to the Theater gallery. Have a great night.

The reason we force the transition animation on mobile is that when using touch to navigate through the gallery, it feels bad for the images to fade, or do anything other than follow the gesture.

And then I think the trigger is not the screen size, but rather hinges on whether or not touch events are supported. So if you’re on a desktop with a touch-screen, then you might see the “mobile” animations instead of the fade-in/out for desktop.