Galleria slideshow size

What determines the size of the slideshow in Galleria? Album Settings, Photo width and height seem to do nothing. The only control I have seems to be the width of the entire page. Does this have to be set in CSS?

Aspect ratio (Photo presentation > slideshow stage) and image size (Image rendition).

for example, an aspect ratio of 3:1 will create a “stage” for the slide show that is three times wider than it is tall. That “stage” will fit into the page width determined by the page template.
The images will fit inside of that stage and the overall image size presented is based on the vertical dimension of the stage. So verticals will be smaller in area than horizontals, using that 3:1 stage ratio.
You can control the size of the images by changing the aspect ratio of the stage.

There’s also a control under Playback Options called “image crop.” Turn that off so the entire image shows. It it’s turned on, the image will be cropped to fill the entire stage area.

Thanks Rod. Turning off “image crop” made a big difference because it was distorting the images.

I used an Aspect ratio calculator to determine the size of the images and they are 16:9. This fits the background container, but is still way too big for a laptop screen. If I change the aspect ratio to be the same but smaller, like 12:5 it downsizes the image but the container is till the same large size.

This leads to another weird thing. I have an Album Set Template with one Album that contains one Album Template with two albums. One of the albums is displaying correctly, but the other one is generating images that are far smaller than the originals and stretching them so they are pixelated - eve though they are being generated by the same slider. And the thumbnails of both sets are pixelated as well, even though the originals are very large and very high resolution (2048 x 1152 240dpi).

Sometimes with Galleria it helps to clear the template cache after making changes to the template. Do this by going to the main Backlight dashboard and clicking the Clear Template Cache link under Special Links.
If that doesn’t do it, can you post a link to an album?

for the other weird thing, did you happen to change the album template for the problem album after initially publishing the images? If so, you probably need to republish.
If not, can you start a new topic for the new problem and include a link to the the album?

Thanks Rod. I had tried clearing the cache but that didn’t work, so I republished everything from LR and that fixed the resolution problem. You were right I did create the album after publishing the images.

I’ll start a new topic for the sizing problem in Galleria.