Galleries Thumb Nail menu sorting

The “Managed by Lightroom” Galleries menu sorting works great for the pull-down menu. However, if one chooses the thumbnails menu (clicking on “Galleries” the menu) the thumbnails are always sorted alphabetically.
How to I force custom sorting of the thumbnails?

If I’m following you, I think you just need to change the position of one image in Lightroom, right-click on it, and mark to republish. Then just republish.

Or are you talking about the thumbnails on the galleries page that represent albums?

Sorry, I was not clear with my question, to say the least.

1. The “Gallery” menu works fine when I hover over Gallery. I am presented with a “fly-out” menu choice in my desired order. That’s because I custom sorted the menu in the “Menu Set Designer”.

2. The issue I have is with the case where I CLICK on Gallery and I am presented with the Thumbnail Grid of the 1st level down menu choices. They are sorted alphabetically, not in my custom order.

FYI: I picked “Managed by Lightroom” in the “Album Order” pull down. However, my created gallery folders in the LR Publish Services seem to sort automatically alphabetically.

One solution I am thinking of is to pick “Slug” in the “Album Order” pull down and precede the Slug name with a sequence number.

I sort mine by preceding the slug with a number.