Hero Image not displaying on a page with the album

As I continue my upgrade quest, I don’t know if I have a problem or if this is just the way it works. If I insert an album on a page with a hero image enabled, the hero image is not displayed. However, if I open the album up in “galleries” the hero shows up. Am I missing something?

What I am trying to achieve on a page directly connected to the menu is: A large image (hero?) on the top, some copy, with the album thumbnails on the bottom of the page. I know I can insert an inline image in the copy area of a page with html to achieve what I am after, but that requires a lot of manual work.

Is there any way to exclude the hero image from the gallery?

Here a test site: https://knowlikeandtrust.org/

The “Hero” link is the page with album with hero image enabled, but no hero image displays.

When you insert an album into a page, you’re just inserting the album images (thumbnails and large images) not the entire album structure or album text. So what you’re seeing is expected.

Then put a link to a Hero enabled album in the menu

use an album template that has the Hero image disabled.

Thanks for your reply! A lot of features in the nooks and crannies! I never noticed the twirl-down on the “link to” in the menu. That gives me what I was after with one exception and a clarification on my last question. Now that I can link directly to an album, is it possible to keep the large hero image, but prevent it from appearing in the actual album below? This link: https://knowlikeandtrust.org/galleries/hero-album-test/

maybe with custom css. I’d have to take a closer look once I get to my pc.

You could also publish the album twice. one would be using an album template without the hero image. The other would use an album template that uses the hero image. Hide this album from the album set (in the Features tab of the album settings). Link to this hidden album in your menu.

I have not had the time to dive into CSS yet, my main CE web site (a combination of all versions over the past decade) is not linking to any of the galleries, thus none of the images come up. So I am trying to get a BL 3 site up and live as soon as my domain completes the transfer to a new host.

If I am following you correctly on the non CSS option: Make 2 albums identical albums, one without the hero image and one with the hero image. Link the menu item to an Album Set with the hero image (hide this from the this set) and put the album without the hero image into the album set. I hope I have that right.

Thank you for your time!

Right. create one album using a hero image enabled album template, and another using a template that has the hero image disabled.

Almost.
Link the menu item to an Album (not an album set). The album you link to is the hidden one, the one using the Hero image.
(you could use a hero enabled album set. Your original post mentioned inserting an album)