Hero image ratio display problem

The hero images aren’t displaying properly. These are upright images which aren’t displaying full frame.
I’ve tried altering the ratios to no avail. What do I need to get them to display fully?

in the Template under the Size/Coverage option, try “Contain”.
If that doesn’t give you the look you want, then also try an aspect ratio where Y is larger than X

I’ve tried it in many ratio configurations and it’s still not displaying the full image. Kind of important with portraits!

Did you change the size/coverage setting?

Also be sure to try clearing both template and browser cache

Currently, your Size/Coverage is set to “cover”. Try changing that to “contain” or “auto”

I have tried the settings in all manor of configurations. I cleared both browser and template cache but the rectangle remains the same shape. and the upright images in the random hero image are being cropped. What else do I need to do?

I’ve turned off the hero image but they remain, cropped? What is happening?

Well I’ve removed that album as I couldn’t leave as it was, as the hero image remained the same size and ratio despite me setting different ratios. Even tried switching the hero image off but it remained. What do you ned to do to get upright hero images to display as they should? I am exasperated at the amount of time I’ve spent on this but making no progress at all.

Hmm…It’s working for me,
Is your installation of Backlight up to date?

Also double check that you’re changing the correct album template.

Yes all up to date. Definitely was working on correct template. I’ll try again later.

Since I can’t reproduce the problem, I can take a closer look if you like. Feel free to direct message me with Backlight admin or Guest Updater credentials.

I’ve rebuilt it and it’s displaying the Hero Image just fine. Don’t think I’ve done anything different, just setting the hero image x & y ratio to 1:1.

Forgot to add the navigation buttons on the single image pages on the Mayor’s album. Now I can’t find where to do that in backlight?

do you mean the navigation menu? Or the breadcrumbs?

If it’s the navigation menu, the go to Designer > Menu Sets and make changes to the menu set assigned to the page template (if you have more than one menu set)

Oh I see what you mean. The Previous and Next arrows. Looks like they are the same color as the background. Change that in the album template under Photo Presentation. Change the UI Color to something other than white

No it’s the buttons you click which on all other albums are above the image to go forward/backward through the images. But clicking on the image shifts to next okay.

Okay I’ll change it shortly.

when you do that, the rest of the UI icons will show as well

All done and sorted. Many thanks for your help.

Is it possible to add GPS settings to the images? As in that album some I added to when originally processing the images and some don’t have it.