How do I set the height of the Masthead photo?

My Masthead photo is 1920 x 250 - that’s what the dimensions are in Uploaded Images. But on the live site the height of the Masthead is the height of the Title and if I look at the code source it says the image is only 600px wide. There are no image size settings in Masthead, so what is overriding this? I have Location set to In The Header and Visibility to Always. The image is selected in Background Image and I’ve tried every combination of X and Y position and size (which is limited to Auto, Contain and Size, but none of them work in this case.)

have you viewed Matt’s video on setting up the masthead? That might answer your questions.

Also, take a look at the aspect ratio setting in Masthead.

I figured it out. You need to set the exact Aspect Ratio in the Primary Masthead or you get a height of zero. For anyone reading this who doesn’t know Photoshop (and probably other editors) has a Ratio option in the Crop tool where you can crop to an exact Aspect Ratio size.

It makes me wonder why there is a a Set Aspect Ratio On or Off button at all, and it’s set to Off by default, when this critical to getting the image to display properly. The first thing Matt does in the video is turn on the Aspect Ratio and enter the ratio he is using.

Because a fixed aspect ratio isn’t always desirable. For example, if using a text-based masthead, or a very simple image, such as a graphic title.

Got it, thanks Matt.