How's it going with Pangolin Journal?

We launched Backlight 4 with a new module for album sets, Pangolin Journal. I’d love to hear how you’re all getting along with it.

Have you tried it? Are you using it presently, and how’s it been for you? If you’re not using it, why not? Is there anything in particular you’d like to see in future updates to Pangolin Journal?

Matthew,

I used Pangolin Journal to create the essay at this link: https://collinsnet.us/galleries/photo-essays/artist-hung-liu/

I found it straight forward and appreciate the opportunity this addition to Backlight provides for telling a story. The one thing that I would like to improve in this essay is the resolution of the thumbnails. They are quite blurry, while, when expanded by clicking, the images are reasonably sharp. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

1 Like

The thumbnails are currently published at 250pxx215px but they are being displayed in a larger space due to the column limits you set. You have three columns in a 1200px wide page so that the thumbs are being displayed in a 400px space.
You can either republish the thumbnails at a larger size, or set the column number so that there are more images across the page, which will decrease their size. Four or five columns would probably do it, but if you want three, the bigger thumbnails will be needed.

1 Like

Rod,
Thank you!
Doug