Images won’t upload to albums

Hi @Ben, i read the post from @tim.fidd . I noticed that the problem usually occurred with panoramic images which are never in the standard format 3:2 or 16:9. I then cropped my test (20221009-T51A4628.) image to 3:2 or 16:9 and published it. I was then able to upload it. A change back to the original format I then again could not upload. I have tested it on other images with the identical effect. Maybe this helps with troubleshooting. Still to the supplementing info. The original images in LR have a DNG format

Hi @tim.fidd, the issue you’ve encountered looks to be about PHP settings and not related to the topic here.

Can you visit the Special Links page in the main Backlight admin followed by PHP Info. On that page, what are the settings for upload_max_filesize and post_max_size?
Also on the album image upload page within Backlight, what is the maximum file size that’s stated within the upload box? If these are low then you’ll need to increase them. That could be via your host’s control panel or by editing a php.ini file via FTP.

Hi @lema, I was wondering about the dimensions/aspect ratio. That doesn’t apply to all panoramas though does it? I’ll look to update the publisher plugin so that it provides more debugging information about the calculated target renditions. That could possibly shed some light on it.

@Ben, I vaguely remember a publishing problem that ended up being related to images cropped so that there were fractions of pixels calculated, or some such thing.
I could be misremembering…

Hi @Ben, both values are set to 150M

with the panoramas it fell with it on there these large always user-specific are and no fixed relationship have.

I also have a normal image, which was taken in the format 3:2, user-specific cropped. This image could not be uploaded. The error was output here as well.

To be on the safe side, I have attached the error message again
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-18 um 01.01.57

All these are set to 10M, so the issue cannot be that unless it is some other server/php issue.

@tim.fidd it could be the php_memory_limit.

@tim.fidd, seeing your other post, I didn’t realise you’re using Nginx. See if this post helps on error 413: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-bsd-nginx-413-request-entity-too-large/

The default client_max_body_size seems to be 1MB.

Thanks Ben. Indeed the issue was with Nginx. Setting client_max_body_size in server settings fixed this.

We’ve made some progress on this. It looks like there is a bug in Lightroom when trying to apply watermarks to thumbnails of specific images.

A workaround is to enable the “Exclude watermarks in thumbnails” setting in the album’s features tab.
Otherwise, editing the watermark and increasing the value of the Proportional size slider may work. A value of 6 or below can cause an issue, but this may not universal, and likely depends on the dimensions of the thumbnail rendition or the dimensions or aspect ratio of the original image.

@DebbieC, are you still having this issue?

Hi Ben,
It seems that I didn’t have to do anything and the magic fairies came in to fix the problem. I can now add my watermark without any problems.
Cheers, Deb

1 Like