Imagick Warning on new install

I have a new installation of Backlight 3. I had an issue at installation with SQLite not being present, but this was resolved when my host (HostGator) updated the version of php that was set for my site (shared hosting).

I am getting the following message (when going to /backlight or attempting to authenticate from Lightroom Classic).

Something went wrong
Unexpected error: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1654 but version 1650 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

I have contacted HostGator regarding this Imagick version notice. They say that it is shared between all clients on the server and they wouldn’t do an upgrade because it might effect other users.

Anyone else on HostGator have this problem? How was it resolved?

Thanks.

It looks like you are not the only one with this problem on HostGator. This is not an issue of breaking something because their setup is already broken, they should fix this!

You can try this to hide the error message: https://onlineconnectionsnews.blogspot.com/2020/08/hostgator-warning-message-imagick-was.html

It might work afterwards, but maybe not.

The addition to .user.ini did not resolve the issue for me. When I run Phpinfo, it does report that imagick.skip_version_check has been set to true and this value toggles if I remove the change in the ini file.

The server is running ImageMagick 6.7.6-8 2016-07-19 Q16. What version does Backlight require?

What version of php does Backlight require?

I’m looking for details so I can make my case for them to update.

Thanks.

Backlight supports PHP 5.4 or newer.

Spent some time on with HostGator support. They were able to “resolve” the issue. They added a version check suppression flag for Image Magick in .user.ini and placed it in the backlight folder.