Installation after Lightroom Upgrade

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been using Turning Gate software for many years on a previous version of Lightroom (on Mac). Recently I upgraded my Adobe software and have opened Lightroom, only to find no sign of all the wonderful Turning Gate software. I think I was using CE3. I have no idea what to do now.

which version of Lightroom are you using? CC or Classic?
You need to be using Classic.

I am using CC as far as I know. Version 3.2.1 for Mac

CC cannot use plugins. you need Lightroom Classic (latest version is 9.3) to be able to use Publisher.

OK, many thanks for your advice. Feeling my way here a bit. I haven’t need to change my TurningGate software for quite a number of years. I’m not sure what Publisher is. I think I was using CE3 (not sure). I just used it for preparing web galleries and also for preparing proofs with watermarks. I had quite a few presets sorry to have lost them.
Do I understand that there is no way to do this in the CC version of LightRoom or do I need to upgrade?
S

Lightroom CC cannot, I believe, use plugins, including Web Module plugins (CE3 and CE4). So you would need Lightroom Classic.
But you can get away from needing to use those plugins by upgrading to Backlight.
You don’t even need Lightroom to use Backlight, unless you want to use Lightroom (Classic) to manage your albums via the Publisher plugin.

Adobe now has two versions of Lightroom:

1. Lightroom (formerly Lightroom CC)
  2. Lightroom Classic
    think
    Lightroom does not have a Web module, nor does it support third-party plugins or extensions of any kind.

To use our old Web module plugins, you will need to use Lightroom Classic. Though I am uncertain whether CE3 continues to work in the latest version of Lightroom Classic; I think CE4 is somewhat more reliable there, but even that doesn’t provide as good an experience as it used to. I think Adobe has done more to break the Web module in recent versions than they’ve done to improve, or even preserve it.

Backlight is web-based, meaning no dependency on Lightroom. There is an optional Publish Services plugin for Lightroom Classic, but you can also upload images via Backlight’s web-based admin.

I hope that helps to clear things up.

Thank you. Very helpful. I’ll see if I can use GraphicConverter and PhotoMechanic before I try anything else…

Thank you Matthew. This is very clear. I’m going to see if I can get GraphicConverter and PhotoMechanic to perform some of the functions I need. If I need more, I’ll take a good look at Backlight.