Just accidentally deleted the whole folder on the server

I was cleaning up my server getting rid of old folders and accidentally erased my whole backlight site. If I create the same folder name and upload BL3, do I have to start over? I still have the same setting in Lightroom. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Arghhh

I would think that you should be able to republish your albums once you have the site up and running again.
However, none of your design is stored in Lightroom. So unless you had a backup of the backlight/data/ folder, you’ll need to start your design from scratch.

I uploaded BL3 to the new folder on the server. I have my domain pointed to it. But when I go to my site/backlight, I get an index page.
The folder has all the files and folders that came in the Backlight Install folder.
.htaccess, Backlight and galeries folders and index.php
Any suggestions?

I try uploading everything from the unzipped folder again:

index.php
.htaccess
/backlight
/galleries.

when I went to your site, all I could see on that index page was the backlight/ folder. Inside of that was the data/ folder.

I unzipped the original download, moved those over and it is now OK. I had uploaded a previously unzipped folder’s contents. Don’t know why that didn’t work. Thanks, Rod!

Just for the sake of safe FTP practices, what I will often do is create a new __TRASH__ folder on server, then move anything I want to delete into that folder.

I then verify that everything still works. If I find that I’ve accidentally broken something, I can move it out of __TRASH__ back to its original location. When I am content that things are working as I want, I then delete the __TRASH__ folder.

So, because the server lacks a recycle bin, what I am effectively doing is creating a recycle bin. It’s saved my butt a couple of times.

I like the way you highlighted TRASH! It makes the point.
Yes, a server mishap. I was cleaning up the bloated server and somehow got my backlight folder in the mix. I’ll have to be more careful next time.
j

Haha. I use the double-underscores to ensure the folder floats to the top of the list. Just makes it easier to see, drag things into, and eventually to delete.

You should be able to keep your published albums as they are in LR. Once Backlight is reconfigured with the templates as you want them, you can replublish them from LR by visiting each album set and album from the top-level down, and clicking ‘save’. e.g. if you had the following structure:

album-set-a/album-set-a-a/album-a-a-a
album-set-a/album-set-a-a/album-a-a-b
album-set-b/album-b-a

then edit and save each album set and album in the following order:

album-set-a
album-set-a-a
album-a-a-a
album-a-a-b
album-set-b
album-b-a

I think I got it right…
Since LR is looking for the original template and can’t find it, I have to edit said album set first, then the albums within, making my way down the chain, choose the new templates and save. Thanks, Ben.
Jim