Legacy Albums

I have recently updated from 1.2.3 to 3 to 5. I have one album in my collection which displays full screen as I set it up in 1.2.3. It was, I think, Theater in 1.2.3

I updated the template to Album Starter-Classic when changing all to Pangolin. Can’t remember if I did that through Publisher or Lightroom. Nothing has changed in it’s photo display when I click on a thumbnail. I have not edited anything in it’s own template.

Does that album retained it’s original settings from 1.2.3 until I change something in it’s respective template? I compared it’s templates and such to one recently created. They are all the same values.

Seems that I was playing around with another old 1.2.3 album recently and changed the UI color on one of it’s template and the photo display page on Firefox completely changed from the old full screen to a newer format. (as I mentioned in my last post: “Steps for basic photo presentation”)

If that is so, that the album retains it’s original format/template/full screen, etc.after updating Backlight, it explains my complete bafflement as to why, upon just changing some minor thing in a template (UI line color, or whatever it was), the whole thing changed.

Does this make any sense? Sorry for the lack of better description. Still relearning.

Thanks

The reason I’m asking is that I changed all to Pangolin. Didn’t think the old Okapi full screen would work with the change. Is it the Album Starter-Classic template?

It sounds like you changed from a Theater presentation to a Pangolin album presentation. Is that correct?

Was your old 1.2.3 template Okapi based? If so, none of the settings would carry over

Yes on the Okapi based in 1.2.3.
When looking at the Lightroom settings, it says Album Starter- Classic.
In Publisher, it says the same thing.

Here’s the site. Looks the same as when I created it soooo many years ago…except for the thumbnails page. That has updated. I don’t think that I have created a pangolin full screen yet. Though…I have been pushing lots of buttons to see what they do. Can’t remember exactly where I would put the full screen option.

Here’s one with the Standard Album Template from Okapi with the same Full Screen view of the photos:

I’d like to recreate the Full Screen for future albums and apply it to older albums. Will check out the instructions.

See this. It’s geared to creating full screen slide shows using Galleria or the Vegas slideshow in Theater.
If the album you mentioned above was made with Backlight 1 Theater, I think you’ll need to get the latest (Pangolin) version .

Thanks, Rod. Been learning the new Pangolin version.

To shorten my learning time, please tell me what presentation this is:

Classic grid, of course, but then is is full screen photo presentation with Galleria for the individual photos?

It’s not using Galleria for the large photos, that’s the Fancybox slide show that’s integrated into Pangolin album.

If you want a slideshow that launches automatically, I’d suggest Vegas slide show in Theater or Galleria.

Appreciate it. So many new choices that it’s a challenge to keep track of the options.

Especially if you’re coming from BL1.
regular Pangolin albums haven’t changed that much. Same with Galleria and Theater.
Biggest change in Pangolin has probably been the Essay module.
Then, of course, there’s Kookuburra!

Maybe one day I’ll be Kooky for Kookuburra! Right now I’m hangin’ on Pangolin.

Oh, I am definitely gone kooky. :crazy_face: