Lightroom 11.4 Breaks CE4 Publisher as well

Just an FYI not expecting any help but Lightroom 11.4 breaks CE4 publisher as well. Yes I have an old site still working with CE4. I downgraded Lightroom Classic to 11.3 and everything is working. Guess I’ll be upgrading soon. Here’s to the future and Backlight 5!

Please do upgrade to Backlight 4 or 5, however the two plugins at Important! Backlight 2, 3 and 4 updates! - #3 by Ben should also be compatible with CE4.

Okay so finally upgrading due to server upgrade issues. I am having issues upgrading from CE4. I know its old but I would like to get this to work. Following the instructions I moved the backlight file to my server. Before I did so I completed a total backup of my site. I also renamed my existing htaccess and index.php to have access to them. Ran the install, completed quick setup. The upgrade from CE4 option never showed up. Do I need to upgrade the LR Publisher plugin first? If I do so can I backup? I do not remember the existing old API key and ttg-be seems to be out of order. Yes all kinds of things broke with my host server upgrade. I did check and they are still running php 7.2 which was working. I have three instances of the LR Publisher running with three different top dirrectories for pages, galleries, and client access. So how do I upgrade all three. So I could use some help here.

It’s under the special links item in the Backlight Admin menu:

You will only need to upgrade Lr Publisher once you want to start to publish from Lightroom. You can set new API keys in the Backlight admin settings. Then you need to use the same in Lr publishing services settings.

You would think Id have seen that… it said it upgraded albums. and then I get this…

Something went wrong

PDO->prepare() returned false. sql: ‘select pr.top_level_gallery_directory, pr.template, pr.root_url as top_level_gallery_path, pr.title as top_level_gallery_title, pr.description as top_level_gallery_description, pr.breadcrumb as top_level_gallery_breadcrumb, pr.show_breadcrumb_for_children, ordering, page_copy, page_copy_placement, sidebar_copy, sidebar_copy_placement, tray2_copy, tray2_copy_placement, cover_image, hero_image, show_breadcrumbs, show_breadcrumb_for_children, visibility, password, enable_login_to_access_protected_photos, logged_in_can_access_protected_photos, created, modified from publisher_root pr where pr.id=?’ params: array ( 0 => ‘3’, ) in PdoExtended.php on line 603

screenshot

You may need to update php. Can you do that from your host’s c-panel?

Or you can wait for @Ben As he’ll be better able to understand the error.

(also, you can include screen shots by just copying the image and pasting it in your post)

As @rod_barbee mentioned, this seems like something @Ben needs to look at. I would send him a message (click on his name and then message) with the ftp and backlight admin logins. This way he can have a look what’s going on and fix it.

I stepped up every PHP from 7.2 to 8.2 and no change. I send Ben a message. Thanks everyone.

Hi @vtzifnab, thanks for the login details. I was able to complete the upgrade for you.

We had only maintained the upgrade process between CE4 and Backlight 4, so I needed to trick your site into thinking it was still on Backlight 4 in order for it to run the database changes between backlight 4 and Backlight 5.

Your site appears to be working now. If there are any further issues relating to the upgrade then please comment here, otherwise create a new issue for anything else related to Backlight 5.

@Ben thank you so much. Sorry to be such a late comer to Backlight. I’m glad you knew what was up. Its so great that the community here is so responsive and helpful with everything.

2 Likes