Lightroom publisher error

I had a major failure of the boot drive in my pc. I replaced both the 1 TB boot drive and 2TB data drive (SSD’s) and essentially started over. Microsoft restored the boot drive from a recent backup and I downloaded the data drive from my 8TB NAS. I reinstalled LRc but could not find the catalog I have been using for the last few years. I created a new catalog and built an album to go on the website I have been managing since 2006. I downloaded the publisher plug-in and installed it.

My problem now is when I tried to publish the album I get an error message TTGUtils.lua:472 bad argument #1 “to match” string expected got nil. I also got error 132 when I tried to create a new album set.

Another issue I have yet to tackle is that I had previously created an album set with one album in it before the crash. The new installation does not see the set or album. (The old boot drive is unreadable.)
Any thought?
Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul. @Ben will need to chime in, but he’s traveling at the moment, so it might be a little while before he’s able to. In the meantime, are you using the latest version of the publisher? My Backlight Modules page shows that to be 7.0.0.

Hi @paulpegg, the first error (line 472 of TTGUtils) suggests your Backlight API URL hasn’t been set correctly. Do you have something set in this field? Can you share what you have set in your LR Publisher instance?

I am not sure what error 132 is, but I imagine that whatever is causing the error on line 472 in TTGUtils could have flow-on effects, so resolving that first would be best.

I created a new API key but the system is still not working right. LR returns Unable to complete … BadURL

The path to www.lesmarmitonsnj.com/backlight/publisher is correct but something must be missing.

Does the site portion of the API url in Lightroom exactly match the Site URL in Backlight Settings?

You are correct. I left out the https://. Publisher is working in Lightroom.

I have a different issue. I created a new album set and two albums. https://lesmarmitonsnj.com/Events2023/
The September event photos are in reverse order. Control by Lightroom does not work in this one but it does in the November Event. What am I missing?
Also, After you have loaded the above link if you select Our Events>2023/2024 Events the event selectors do not load. This one is driving me crazy. They do load on my phone!
Try this link from Backlight URL http://lesmarmitonsnj.com/galleries/2023-2024-Events/

That looks like a page rather than an album set. Did you mean to embed the set into the page?

Was the September album published before you set the sort order?
If so, make sure the sort order is as you wish it to be, mark one image for republishing, and republish.
That works for me when I reorder images manually; I move the images in the Lightroom album, mark one of the moved images for republishing, and then hit publish.
(this goes faster if you check the “Push metadata without updating existing photos” checkbox in the Publisher instance settings)