Looking for a page map

It would help greatly if a visual map was available which detailed where the mastheads, pallets, headers, and all the other sub-components are actually located on a Backlight webpage.

Does anyone have such a map handy? Thx in advance!

There are so many options to place things like navigation and masthead that such a map would need to be many maps. I started creating a few but, like I said, there are a lot of options. I might get back to it if I find the time.

But the best thing I’ve found to do is to create a page template and give each section a distinct background color. Then create a page using that template. The colors make it easy to ID the sections.

Make another template with elements in different places: Change masthead location, use vertical navigation, etc. Make a page from that template.

This is probably the quickest way to not only see where the sections go, but to get familiar with the Designer.

Thanks Rod, that is a great idea. Is it industry-standard jargon? If so, I guess I should just Google it!

Similar to CE4, some things are, like masthead and navigation. And some things aren’t, like pallets.

Settings like padding and margin, border and text-decoration are standard css properties

Also, you should ideally move through the designer from top-to-bottom. I’ve tried to provide a sensible, linear workflow through the page.