Loss of login credentials

Hi, it has been some time since I accessed my Backlight 3 admin console and it seems to have lost all knowledge of login credentials. I also lost my Community Support account and had to recreate that. I found the Retrieving Lost Passwords help for Backlight 3, but when I attempt to send a password Reset link I get “No accounts were found for this Username and Email”. It seems like it is not even finding the admin account. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi @jdsweeney, can you visit the link https://yoursite.com/backlight/admin/retrieve_all_passwords/
replacing “yoursite.com” with your actual site URL. You should see a message like “The reset password links have been saved” (which isn’t quite correct). Once done, log in to your site via FTP and download a file under backlight/data/admin called either user.txt or password.txt. That will contain a list of usernames and passwords.

I’m not sure whether the passwords will be useful, since they may be encrypted. The usernames may help.

Hi Ben, Thank you, that helped with the admin login. It looks like at some point I actually changed the admin userid to something else and did not properly record that action. I am now in the admin console and the next issue is that in the Backlight Module page, it is calling for a number of reinstalls. I’m not sure why. If try to do either individual reinstalls or reinstall all, it appears to be working but the reinstall indicators never go away. Any ideas on that?

those “reinstall” and “reinstall all” links are always there.

1 Like

OK - I thought they were an indication of a problem. Thanks!