LR 5 update broke my pangolin galleria slide show

I just upgraded from BL 4 to 5 and everything is working fine except the one pangolin galleria slide show that I use on my homepage does not show up anymore.
The page template has some text that shows up, but the slide show that was seen above the text does not show.

I have no clue what the problem is?

Homepage Link

I spent now three hours trying to figure out why it is not being shown, but I still have no clue. Frustrating!

Could it be that the 5.3 update broke the pangolin galleria?

I’m unable to reproduce the problem.
Try these:
From the Special Links page, click on Clear Template Cache.
From the same page, click on Update Album Files
Clear browser cache

1 Like

The 5.3 update should not have any impact whatsoever on the Galleria Add-on, nor on Pangolin’s embedded galleries.

I do see the Galleria script on the page, but I do not see the code that should be there to become the gallery, e.g.

<div class="gallery" id="gallery"></div>

In fact, I’m not seeing the gallery portion of the page at all, which should be a block that looks like this:

<div class="the__gallery cart" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageGallery">
	<div class="content clearfix">

<div class="gallery" id="gallery"></div><!-- .gallery" -->

</div>
</div><!-- .the__gallery -->

Did you perhaps reassign the template, or disable the gallery in your template?

Hi Rob and Matthew,

after updaten to BL 5.3.1, I did clear all the caches and used all the special links to update index etc…
Then I tested the site and the gallery didn’t show up. I have not reassigned anything.

I will check that again though.

Can you also try inserting the same album into a different page?

Come to think of it, there were some changes made to embedding albums, around ensuring you can only embed pangolin albums into pangolin pages, but I would not have expected that to break existing galleries. @Ben should be able to offer more insight, though, whether that might be related to the issue you’re having.

Ok, when I go into album settings->photo presentation->target

it was always set on inline. When I set that to expanded, then the Gallery shows up again, but my text doesn’t show.
If I set force use client height to on for ios devices, my images are not shown fully in the browser. On IOS devices, my text also does not show up.

That goes back to my message above, about the gallery block missing. If the gallery block were present, then “inline” would work.

Oh, I just saw that it is normal that the text is missing when set to expanded.

Well, I have no clue why the gallery does not show when set to inline. It worked like that in BL 4.

I can’t see any reason this wouldn’t be working. I’ve inserted a Pangolin Galleria album with Target=Inline into a page and it displays correctly.

A couple of potential possibilities:

1. The pangolin-galleria module hasn’t been updated in the Backlight Modules page. pangolin-galleria 5.0.2 was released with Backlight 5.3.0
  2. The album has been embedded in a page of a different template type (Okapi or Kookaburra).

seems to be working now. Did you make any changes?

Hi,

after doing the BL 5 update, I didn’t see that the pangolin-galleria showed another update to 5.02;-)

After updating pangolin-galleria everything is working again and when I set the page to inline, it also shows my text again.

So, thanks, problem resolved.

Cheers

2 Likes

I was having the same sort of problem. Reading through this post help me solve the issue - which was simply to make sure all the modules were up-to-date to latest version. Works fine now. Thanks for posting this!