LR Publisher error - uploadRendition

When publishing one particular image from LR Publisher, I get the following error message:

Can’t update this collection. Unable to perform action: uploadRendtion. The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

The image is a JPG 3019x3019. The image was shot on iPhone using Hipstamatic. I tried opening the file in Photoshop and Saving As TIFF and JPG, but that didn’t solve the problem.

Thanks for any help here.

John

Do you have access to your php.ini file? It’s often found in the public_html folder of your site.
If you can, download it using FTP and open it with a plain text editor. Search for the upload_max_filesize item and increase the size, save the file and then upload it. Otherwise, you’ll need your host’s help in setting that parameter to a higher number. I have mine set to something like 64M.

Thank you for the quick reply, Rod.

No luck. I changed upload_max_filesize from 2M to 64M. The php.ini file is indeed in public_html. There is also a file called php.ini_.

Any other suggestions? If not, I’ll contact my host. I am able to upload other files just fine. Along with this one particular file, I had this happen a while ago with another iPhone Hipstamatic image. On the other hand, I have several other Hipstamatic images on my site that uploaded without issue.

John

does the image have layers or anything like that?

SOLVED!

No, the file is a simple JPG. No layers or anything like that.

I discovered that my site has two php.ini files–one in the root directory and one in public_html. After your first reply, I changed the php.ini in public_html. I have now also changed the php.ini file in the root directory, and that fixed the problem. Both files had upload_max_filesize set to 2M, and I changed both to 64M.

What baffles me is that I’ve had many similar files upload without difficulty. Why some Hipstamatic files created a problem is odd.

Thanks again. Your suggestion solved the problem… again.

John