LRC March 2021 Update breaks site

This is just a heads up on an issue that has just arisen following Adbobe updating LRC today with their March 2021 update.
Galleries and images on pages and in sidebars have gone AWOL.
The error on clicking on the Galleries menu is
Something went wrong
Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘imagick.so’ (tried: /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
Please report error at https://discourse.theturninggate.net

I have another appointment to make so cannot look into this until later but the site is effectively running at five eighths the square root of useless based on (presumably) what Adobe have done.
A particular gallery View from the Room is highlighted in LRC as Modified Photos to Re-Publish and if I hit Publish then this error message is returned.

Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate

Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘imagick.so’ (tried: /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so.so (/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I’ll log back in later when I get back.

Thanks
TomO

this has been coming up for others in the forum. It appears to be a server issue, not a Lightroom issue.
https://discourse.theturninggate.net/search?q=imagick

Thanks Rod,
I had noticed a few Imagick posts but had not associated my issue. Like others with this problem I cannot login to the BL Admin panel either now that I’ve read through your search results. I had assumed that LRC was at fault as it prompted me to re-publish images in the gallery I was looking to select images from ready for a virtual festival Zoom talk.
Looks like that might not happen if I cannot sort this out. I’ve not really seen what the solution was for others though unless I’m missing something.
As always, thanks for the prompt response.
Stay safe.
TomO

You can try reverting to an earlier version of php. Your host may have updated to a newer version that turns off the imagick module or whatever it is.

Hi Rod,
The oldest version is ea-PHP7.2. I have just bumped it up to 7.4 and pages are slowly returning images but sidebar images so far are not loading. I’ve raised a support ticket with the host in the meantime and I’ll keep refreshing the pages. I have got rid of the admin login error by bumping up to 7.4.

looks like either the sidebar links to the images are broken or the images are corrupt. When I try to view an image (right-click on image and choose View Image) I get a message that the the image cannot be displayed because it contains errors.
You could try re-uploading the images and updating the urls (if needed) in your html

That is weird Rod. Those images have been stable for several years. I’ll take a look.
Thanks.

OK, so that is sorted for the moment. The host came back with a generic statement that 7.4 was the supported version and that soon PHP8 would be installed so Ill look out for that one.
The broken links Rod, were due to sloppy copying on my part when I copied one sub-domain across to another i.e to www.tjowens.com from tomowens.openpoint.co.uk. All the images worked so if they had fallen over then I would have known what that was. I’m not sure why they carried on working.
I’ve deleted and re-uploaded the images for the sidebars and stuff inserted inline with MD.
Thanks for the heads up and obviously a mea culpa for blaming Adobe.
TomO