Modified Photos to Re-publish

I am wondering why so many of my photos that have not actually been modified since I originally loaded them report a need to be re-published in Lightroom.

Could be a change in metadata? Rating?

More of a Lightroom thing. I can’t rightly say, but Lightroom has apparently detected some change in the images.

I have had this problem ongoing since last year - its driving me mad so any suggestion how I can resolve it would be most welcome. I can upload 1500 images after an event and this is really slowing me down and very frustrating. By the time a gallery has loaded it puts some into ‘modified’ when I haven’t touched the computer since hitting publish. I’m on Backlight 3 at the moment.

I’m seeing the same thing. I think it started with the latest big update to Lightroom. I seem to remember reading something about it
somewhere
 Maybe something to do with the new masking capabilities in Lighroom? Perhaps they add another parameter to images somewhere.

I’m not going to worry about it myself. If I want to clear it up I can set Publisher to “Push metadata without updating existing photos.” Since nothing has really changed, it takes hardly any time.

If you know that there were no changes, this mark-up-to-date plugin by Jeffrey Friedl might be good to have: Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Bag-o-Goodies” Lightroom Plugin

1 Like