Moving all my galleries up one directory level

When I first setup Backlight I made the mistake of adding, “galleries” to the “Top-level sets directory” under “Other Publisher Options” in Lightroom Publishing Manager. Now all my galleries have a URL like this:

DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/galleries/Client/Gallery_Name

Is there a way to move all the galleries up one level so they are at:

DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/Client/Gallery_Name

without having to delete and re-upload each one?

Thank you!

David

It looks like you’ve installed Backlight into the “Galleries” folder.
By doing this, you’re stuck with what you have unless you want to start over.
It would be easy, but you would have to re-publish everything I believe.

You wouldn’t need to start over with the design since you can export your templates and import into the new install.
You would want to copy any page text into a text file for recreating page text.

Thanks Rod,

It’s the answer I expected. I am changing web hosts shortly and I may use that as an opportunity to republish all the galleries on the new site before I redirect the domain. Do I understand that I should just leave the “Top-level sets Directory” field empty in Lightroom?

Thanks for the quick response,

David

No. It needs to be something, usually “galleries”

The problem is that Backlight was installed in a sub-folder (in this case, “Galleries”), and the name of that folder will be in the url of all albums, sets, and pages created.o

Backlight should be installed in the root of the site

OK. I understand now.

Thanks Rod!

You could use a top-level gallery called “Clients”. This way, you would have the URL DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/Clients/Client_Name.

Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I get the “Client” to fill in by choosing which Album Set the gallery is in. Depending on which Album Set I assign I get:

DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/Bobs-Business/Employee-Portraits
DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/Bobs-Business/Customers

or

DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/State-School/Professors
DavidLeifer.Photography/Galleries/State-School/Alumni

I am now having a different problem and will start a new thread if you want me to. I signed up for a new hosting site at Hostinger. I have not yet redirected the domain so I can work on the new site before making it live. I was able to install Backlight 5. Hostinger provides a preview system before the domain is directed so I can go to:

http://davidleifer-photography.preview-domain.com/backlight/admin/login/

But, I can’t seem to sign in. I am using the same credentials as the live (BlueHost) Backlight admin URL.

https://www.davidleifer.photography/Galleries/backlight/admin/login/

I can direct message or email one of you with the credentials to try it.

Thanks,

David

try logging in with the default credentials for a fresh installation.

I just tried that and it worked

Rod,

Yes, I found the defaults and they worked and then I changed them to what I want to use.

Thank you!

David